Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any suggestions on how many studs to put on the Crossfire 7?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
I just did mine, used 3-2-3-2 for 135 total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
It would be nice to see some pictures of a studded Crossfire! I`m thinking about putting studs om mine when i got it. Should i go whit 1,375" lenght? and how many? :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Looks like thre's plenty of room in the tunnel so I went 1.4". Anyone know how many stud windows or whatever you call it are there on a 136" track?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by ZRJEFF@Sep 19 2005, 08:30 PM
Looks like thre's plenty of room in the tunnel so I went 1.4". Anyone know how many stud windows or whatever you call it are there on a 136" track?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=882826
[/quote]
54 pitches. you can go 108 or 162 with 54 singles and 54 doubles. if anyone needs doubles let me know i have 60 for sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
2-3-2 for 135. Sorry pics took so long, just moved.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Originally posted by ZRJEFF@Sep 19 2005, 09:30 PM
Looks like thre's plenty of room in the tunnel so I went 1.4". <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=882826
[/quote]

Is this the lenght that most everyone is using? And are you going with the tunnel protectors or not?

Is anyone putting any studs on the outside of the windows? Can it be done? :dunno: :beerchug:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,035 Posts
You have to run tunnel protectors, or you will be replacing the tunnel and gas tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
144 1.325" woodies gold diggers, double backers, no tunnel protectors to my knowledge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 10 2005, 08:14 PM
You have to run tunnel protectors, or you will be replacing the tunnel and gas tank.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920818
[/quote]
Did you or someone you know have a problem with this. I assume the need for tunnel protectors must be different for a 02 ZR because I have run 1.52" studs in mine for 4 years and haven't had a problem. Must be tighter spacing with the crossfire huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by ZRJEFF@Oct 10 2005, 10:01 PM
Did you or someone you know have a problem with this. I assume the need for tunnel protectors must be different for a 02 ZR because I have run 1.52" studs in mine for 4 years and haven't had a problem. Must be tighter spacing with the crossfire huh?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921382
[/quote]


The Crossfire actually has a lot more clearance. It's the M-chassis, so it needs room for a deep lug track. Your 02 ZR is different because it uses the heat exchanger as the protector. It is located right above the track clips, and it will stop the track before it gets up far enough for the studs to hit. On the C/M chassis, the lengthwise heat exchangers run up in the corners, so they don't do double duty as a protector.

I'd really like to see hear what Cat is recommending for tunnel protection on the Crossfire.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top