Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my studs in 170 pattern, standard track. I used 1.075. The sled still blows the track of the ice. On a hardpack plowed road the sled just about flips over backwards. Any way to play with the suspesion to get better on the ice, or should I went longer.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It sounds like Hookedup just isnt hookedup. :D You may have too high of a torque too traction ratio like all fcats. :D

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by Hookedup@Jan 19 2003, 10:54 AM
Put my studs in 170 pattern, standard track. I used 1.075. The sled still blows the track of the ice. On a hardpack plowed road the sled just about flips over backwards. Any way to play with the suspesion to get better on the ice, or should I went longer.

Trail studs are NOT designed for maximum tracttion on glare ice. If you want that, then replace them with picks that have a sharp point!! :wacko:

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Did you use the Arctic cat temp plate ? If so, tey only have 10 scratch lines. I am wanting to stud also, but am wondering if the 10 lines are enough. What kind of studs did you use ?

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i have only 136 studs in my standard f-7 (work's good)
you should be hooking up good in hard pack with 170 studs

kodiakman76,you are right 10 scratch lines is NOT ENOUGH
i have almost twice that many scratch lines in mine
i made my own template.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Hookedup@Jan 19 2003, 10:54 AM
1.075's are too short for a 1" track if you wanna hook on ice IMO

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I am new to studding. I have never bothered in the past, but after getting beat by a Doo 700 triple, I have to get better traction. Can't go letting the firecat getting beat like that. Any information would be helpful. I have the standard track. I have checked woody's and stud boy, after seeing the A.C. temp plate. What style studs and how many are you all running with what pattern ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
We are running 170 Woody's Ice Picks with the Stud Boy Pattern. They have a 20 scratch line pattern. If you are on ice, then ice picks are the ONLY way to go. However, if you even think of crossing a hi-way with them, they will be dull and worthless. So you need to access your riding style and choose accordingly.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the unput guys . I kind of knew what you were going to say. I hhad the same problem on my old ZR 800.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts