Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to an auction today and was looking at a 2003 f5, my dad noticed that the inside of the skis had a stud in the inside back corner of each ski. Is this somekind of old school trick for better cornering? any help would be helpful

·
Registered
641 Posts
Maybe scratchers for throwing snow and ice dust onto the track to lessen hifax wear.

Pat

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Pat is correct. Old timers used to use just a bolt as a cheap ice scratcher. A stud would hold up better though.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Oct 15 2005, 09:56 PM
Pat is correct.  Old timers used to use just a bolt as a cheap ice scratcher.  A stud would hold up better though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932211
[/quote]
also combats darting as it creates slight drag at rear of skis, similar to a deep keel on slalom skis :div20:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Cheap solution for hard and icey trails to throw snow up on skid. Just be careful when hitting rocks, asphalt, concrete etc.. tearing a stud out of a track is one thing.....tearing it out of a ski is another.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
thats a really cool idea! i would never do it to my C&A's, but its something to remember

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by jordan123@Oct 16 2005, 11:42 PM
seems you guys think its affective, so why dont you see more people doing it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934397
[/quote]

It's done up here late in the spring when early morning trails are glazed over, it would destroy your sliders in a few miles. Simply install a bolt at the rear of your ski's & remove latter on when the trails soften up :cn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts