Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having trouble with studs eating up the inside bogey wheels? I have an 07 F6 with 153 woody's gold digger studs down the center. I have put approx. 170 miles on this year after studding the sled. The inside bogey wheels are shot already. I made sure that when I put them in I sunk them good. Does anybody make an after market wheel that will hold up? Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Anybody having trouble with studs eating up the inside bogey wheels? I have an 07 F6 with 153 woody's gold digger studs down the center. I have put approx. 170 miles on this year after studding the sled. The inside bogey wheels are shot already. I made sure that when I put them in I sunk them good. Does anybody make an after market wheel that will hold up? Any suggestions would be helpful.[/b]

Its not the studs, its AC crap ass cheap wheels. There is talk in the 03 Firecat forum of ppl using Kimpex brand wheels as a replacement and having good luck so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody having trouble with studs eating up the inside bogey wheels? I have an 07 F6 with 153 woody's gold digger studs down the center. I have put approx. 170 miles on this year after studding the sled. The inside bogey wheels are shot already. I made sure that when I put them in I sunk them good. Does anybody make an after market wheel that will hold up? Any suggestions would be helpful.[/b]
The wheels were fine before I studded the track (560mi. trouble free). I will check into the Kimpex wheels thanks for the info.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The 07 wheels seemed to self destruct quite easily but the 08 wheels are holding up much better...Not sure what the difference could be ?

·
Registered
828 Posts
The 07 wheels seemed to self destruct quite easily but the 08 wheels are holding up much better...Not sure what the difference could be ?[/b]
Ya I noticed that on my 07 XF the inside wheels are not fairing too well.........shit the wheels on my 05 F7 that has a lot more miles on it are in better shape!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it the rear inside wheels? Did you drill the track yourself because its pretty easy to hit them if your not careful with the cutting tool?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Both studded. Both 204, but the 08 hasn't got any on the outsides of the track. It's the inside wheels that get destroyed and all my studs are tight...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Those wheels have been subpar since the early 2000's. My '03 F7 will be going on its third set of wheels in 5 years and I don't put on even 1,000 miles per year. They are just crap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tighten them up. Had same problem, tightened backer and that seemed to help[/b]
I studded the track myself and was very careful and made sure that I hit no wheels when drilling and they are all sunk below the track. My brother had this problem on a 05 sabercat. I guess the solution is a pre-studded track.

·
Premium Member
20,504 Posts
nope, its the wheels, not the track or studs as long are they are all sunk in good. I've had cat wheels with 5k on them that look great compared to my 07 wheels at 800 miles. Same type of track and studs in each.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Its not the studs. If it where the studs they would be tearing up the inner wheels on the back axle and chewing up the drivers. Here was my fix for it. So far so good! If it doen't work I'll go to the Kimpex wheels.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...hl=inner+idlers[/b]
Question on the location of your wheel set up. I put the wheels on the inside of the rails using the existing holes but, not on the outside. My question is: did you move the wheels forward when doubled up as shown in your pics? The reason I ask is if using the existing holes won't the upper carrier wheels attached at the torque sensing links hit those outer wheels when the suspension compresses? I looked over what you did on my sled and I can't see how they would'nt if the existing holes are used. Am I missing something here or did you move all four forward in new hole location to clear the upper wheels? Let us know. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts