Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang
I have a F7 and I am going to install studs this weekend. How many studs should I use and what pattern ?
I am just looking for some grip !!! I'm sick of spinning and having to play catch up . Any help would be appreciated :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if you have the 1 inch track go with at least 144 1.175 size. if you have to 1.375 track go with at least 144 1.450 with tall nuts. i went with 192 gold diggers with all double backers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you have the 1 inch track go with at least 144 1.175 size. if you have to 1.375 track go with at least 144 1.450 with tall nuts. i went with 192 gold diggers with all double backers[/b]
i have 1.375 track, got the 1.450 studs and the tall nuts !! Now just trying to figure out what the best stud pattern is. I also have the D&D twin pipe setup

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a 1in track 153 1.175 woodys studded the windows and a v pattern stay away from the middle and out side of track so you don't mess up the heat exchangers I hook hard on packed snow and stull spin alittle on all ice but a good pattern.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have 153 woodys gold diggers, 1" track and 1.175" studs. I used the woodys firecat pattern and have had good luck with my studs. I have only replaced 2 studs in 2500 poor condition miles (indiana and lower michigan riding) due to them being bent. Highly recommend woodys. also have great tech support and customer service.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like the Stud boy patterns better than Woodys and you can buy their studs in numbers that work better for Firecats...102,153. Woodys has a weird way of doing 144. I also like using double backers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts