Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure some of you are studding the sno pros. What lengths are you using, how many, and do you like the results??

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I went with 156 woody's 1.45 megabites w/ the woody's 144 pattern 4-2-4-2, 2 double backers in the empty rows. Hooks up great, I'm VERY glad I studded mine. I"ll see if i can put up a pic after work today.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have 136 woody's 1.45 best thing I have done. I had never
studded before now I will not go with out them.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i did not stud my sno-pro f-7, last two years no studded track, have learned to ride with out studs, ass end slides a little but i like it!
just have to plan ahead for stopping, i dont ride lakes ever so not a big deal to me
studs add rotating mass wich steals horse power big time!
just me :p

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
This is my pattern of 144 fast-trac 1.50 with plastic backers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I haven't used Traction aiding devices since cat put claws on their sleds in the 70's, We had metal cleats back then. I finally decided to stud my F7 sno pro after my trip to Michigan and riding on icy trails. I put 96 woody megabites 1.450 inchers in and what a difference it made to my sled. I ran it yesterday for the first time and couldn't believe how well it was hooking up. The front end was coming off the ground when I pinned it. launching across field driveways I was doing tail dances. I will have to do some adjusting to the coupler blocks due to the extra traction. I have stud boy 6 inch shaper bars up front and they were biting well. It is a different sled with studs. Ditch banging is going to require some different settins than what i had set for trail riding. I am glad I studded the sled. MN is not stud friendly, so I put it off for years, but I am glad I finally did it..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Every time I try to post a larger picture than the one I have it wont accept it. How do get such a large picture to work???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts