Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to stud my friends 1.375 track F-7 and I was wondering how many studs to put in it and what pattern. I was thinking about going with 153 1.450 Woody's Mega-bites with 7° angled backers. Can I stud on the outside? Will the angled backers be OK with this long of a stud? He weighs 260 lbs. so he will be working it pretty good. Do I need to keep them out of the middle of the track?

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
If you put studs in the outside or in the CENTER of the track below the rib you will SHRED the tunne.l Look under there. You can see the high spots in the tunnel over the center belt. DO NOT STUD THE OUTSIDE BELTS!!!! DO NOT STUD THE CENTER OF THE CENTER BELT. Amen. Use the 1.45 megabites and 153 is fine. I would use the double flat backers, but that's just me. I like to accellerate AND stop thank you.
Cat S.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, I have a F7 SP and have studded it with 128 (3,2 alternating pattern) Roetin 1.430 with Fast-Trac round plastic backers. I only run in the middle of the track, the 1" std track you can run a stud on the closed off window in the track. The SP 1.375" track does not have this feature. As far as hook up, I have not had to much of a problem and I prefer the balance lower number of studs, I have about 400 very hard miles on this set up and have not bent, pulled or damaged any studs or backers. One of the main reasons that I did this was handling through the corners and cutting down on rotating mass of the track, due to the SP track being almost 6 lbs. heavier than the std 1" lug track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts