Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a very good pattern for 144 down the middle, but this year on my 06 600ho fusion I am thinking about adding studs to the outside.......my original thought was to go every second bar for the 192 pattern,now Im thinking only adding them where the windows are closed on the outside(more strength?) which would put me @ 176...............My question is to you guys that have studs in the outside & whether or not they pulled out or stayed in tact, thanks........ :banana:

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
i had a hell of a time keeping studs in my outside patterns on
my 01 xc 6 with 144 woodys studs in it. i studed my 1.25" track
[second track, same sled]with 96 woodys on double backers down
the center last year.

i too don't care for studs on the outside. as if you can't tell :doh:

interesting stud pattern "thought" you have there though. i would
like to hear some more opinions about this subject as i am looking
to buy an 06 fuse.

:cn:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i have no prob keeping studs in the outside. 144 should be plenty for a 600

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by polaris9500@Aug 24 2005, 02:43 PM
i have no prob keeping studs in the outside. 144 should be plenty for a 600
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=846284
[/quote]
:luxhello: we have a winner, stud the outside, just don't get more tha past the 1/2 way point of the outer belt width, this is the primary reason i've seen them pull out in the past(too close to the edge during snags), that and just plain stupidity on what terrain the rider was gassing it on!!!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
If your putting studs on the outside belt make sure they are in the center as mentioned. Also check them regularly and replace bent/dull/broken studs to minimize the chance of a tearout.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
I have always put studs on the outside. I put 192 in the ripsaw and haven't had a problem. I think where people have problems is they put them to close to the edge. Put the outside studs in the center. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I put them in the all in the center of the outside it is defeating the purpose,you need to have diff. scratch lines to make a diff.,...........There are 6/7 scratch lines available in the outside of the track, mabe I will illiminate the outer line & keep the outside stud no closer than 20mm or 0.8" from the outside..........144 is plenty on a 600, but when you like playing on the ice with the competition,every bit of traction is critical to the hole shot & jumping out front..........thanks for your inputs & keep them comming.............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts