Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently on the fence about weather to stud my Sno Pro or not. My question is this, could I get by only using 96 studs down the middle or would that be fruitless? I've heard stories about not having enough studs which cause to much stress on the studs and they broke off. I'm basicly looking for traction in corners and on icey hills. I like the way my 1.375" track hooks up, so take off is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
2018 Sidewinder LTX/LE 50th
619 Posts
I went with 136,1 row with dbls, 2 rows with singles, All stud boys with the big nuts. 2100 miles with only ""1"" bent stud, the rest look like new. I like the stud boys cause the allen wrench hole is bigger then on the woodys. As far as 96 I think you should be allright as long as you don't put any undo stress on the studs,IE racing in low snow or hardpack or tearing up ice covered hills.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Ran 96 on my 800 classic, love it, works great , my bud with same sled ran 196, creates too much drag , added too much weight makes way too much noise

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
102 wont do much unless you run long ones, and in that 1.375 track, you'll have to run REALLY long studs, and the chance of them bending is realllly great.

Id do 136, possibly 153, in the 1.450 length(i think??)

But if you never race on ice or anything, just the 102 should keep you from sliding around in corners, and will keep you from going backwards on icy hills. thats about it though

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
136 1.450 mega bites down the center.. stud boy pattern.... period......
you can get the pattern from thier web site.. :div20:

oh ya you will need the big nuts also.. or else you will be :banghead:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
My buddies F7 that I ran last year only had 102 in it. It hooked up fine, but I think the studs would start to pull through, or bend if the machine is ridden hard all the time. I feel 136 is probably the minimum that I would put in.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Yes because of the size of the studs that you have to run on it. the 1.450" studs need the big nuts. My crossfire with the 1.325" studs is getting them too. Any smaller than that you dont need the big nut.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Run 102 down the middle. Use 1.450 stud length. Thats what i have run on my previous firecats ( snopro) and that seems to work perfect and i ride really hard and have not had any pull throughs on either sled. The only issue i have is what type of studs i ran. on my 03 i ran saber studs xzp warthog, they were awesome studs i didnt even break any off, maybe bent like 4-5 but nothin serious. This year i went with woodys megabits. they suck i hate them with a passion, i have at least 15 studs broke off, and maybe 20-25 that are bent pretty bad. My riding style didnt change, so these studs were not the best choice. they are horrible so stay away from them! but deffinatly go with 102 down the middle and go with those xzp's they are great studs and reasonable too!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
the woody's are bending and breaking because they are actually getting traction and you dont have enough in the track to distribute the load I ran 153 1.175 in a 1 inch firecat track with a high engagment clutch and beat the hell out of it and not one single stud wavered NOT ONE and they were megabites. now saying that .. to each his own but I believe its your lack of studs and the superior traction the woody's are giving that are giving you problems

·
Registered
927 Posts
yes to answer your question, 96 down the center is plenty. it will help hookup on ice but on cornering you might get a little sloppy since there all in the middle, but not to much.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
You know if I was you......And this is going to be the norm in a few year is get about 500 of these. They will stick above the lug by .375 and are used in dirt bike tires for ice racing. The fifth stud from the left is the .375 carbide tipped. The next one to the right is the ones Camo is putting in there ice claw. These get put in after with a vulcanizing lock tight glue. Will not come out.

You get about 500 of these in a pound. Adding a pound to the track is nothing getting 500 studs for that is sick!!!!!!! :div20:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Originally posted by 2000 ZR@Sep 25 2005, 09:17 AM
yes to answer your question, 96 down the center is plenty. it will help hookup on ice but on cornering you might get a little sloppy since there all in the middle, but not to much.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891238
[/quote]
you cant run 96 down the middle on a cat unless you want to skip a bunch. remember the tracks are longer then normal thats why it is now 102, you can run 96 like the race sleds, but your need to skip a few windows and it has to all even out. 102 is the min. normal for trail firecats

·
Registered
927 Posts
oh yeh, im still thinkin about my old ZR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts