Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm new to the snowmobile scene this year, i picked up a 95 vmax600 st with the extended track for $500. It is in great shape and a buddy told me it was the deal of the century. But the track is not studded and my girlfriend's dad said it needs it for the michigan trails. How many, how long and what kind is the question. I have heard 144 and 1" and steel with carbide tips. The gf's dad says thats too many he says 96 and a shorter stud. I mean he has more years than me but almost 50 studs is quite a difference. Help is needed. Thanks

Sorry for being so long winded

:yamaha_rules: :yamaha_rules:

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
if its a long track then those quantities are wrong. 108 is the correct amount for a 136" track if thats what you have. if you need backers let me know i have a great deal on some.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
With the longer track I dont think you even really need studs. I had a '90 Phazer II that didnt have any studs and I did just fine. Sure, if you used the brakes too hard it would lock up the track and slide sideways, but that goes for any sled.
Cap'n

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up going with 96 1" case hardened steel studs with carbide tips and red backers. I will let you know how this goes. Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts