Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw there was a thread for Studding alternatives as well as many who have posted as to running 96, 102,144,156 etc. studs on their SnoPro tracks.
I have never been one to run studs, even in my ZR 600, but.........................
after heading south on a Northbound Sled...............................
Anyway, I bought 144 1450 Megabites, and am planing on running the Woodys Double Digger Template, which I also purchased.
But my question is; for those running 96 and 102...................why, and at what advantage or disadvantage.
For those running 144 or more, obviously there is more weight, but more traction. Are you giving up off trail performance in the powder with more mass to throw around?
If those who have studded could give some feedback it sure would be appreciated.
By the way, for those who have yet to run their SnoPro tracks on ice or packed trails..........................it is interesting to say the least. The longer lugs love the powder, and hook up great, but on the ice and packed trails they spin and slide worse than the shorter lugs of my ZR.

Kevin :unsure:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cap,
That was why I posted the thread about the alternatives. Riding last week-end was great, but hit some ice or worse try to stop on it...Yikes!!! My ZR had a 1.25 and didn't seem to be as bad. Was about to buy studs today but figured I'd ask here about the other options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts