Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I marked out the pattern for my F6 using the Woddy's template. However, it looks like I may have done it backwards. How does the pattern goe? Tip of the V hitting the snow first vs The wider part of the V hitting first? Before I drill, I want to make sure which way it goes. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I don't THINK it matters. I always do the small part hitting the snow first.

Even though you probably already know this it is worth saying.

1. Do NOT stud the outside belt.
2. Do NOT stud the center of the center belt.

Cat S.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think it matters which way the v goes.
Here's mine, Woody's template:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will I also need to add taller tunnel protectors or will the ones installed be tall enough? I've a 1' inch track and I'm adding 1.075 inch Woody's Gold Diggers.

Again, thanks for all who have helped.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
you will be fine. no studs in the center and on the outside part of the track. Take a good look at your tunnel before you lay out your pattern so you know whats going on

T

·
0 Posts
Did you get your stud's yet?If not i heard that 1.075 didn't hook up good,i went with 1.5.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I did get the studs. Putting them on as we speak. Laptop using wireless internet card to communicate here in garage. Friend and brother doing all the work. I bought beer and pizza of course. They think what I'm doing is cool and I think what there doing is cool. I guess it's cool all around.

Thats again for the quick repsonses and all the help. Being a Newbie sucks, but you guys that have given help are great ;)

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
well something doesnt add up here

these are smaller then 1.5 and stick up much more than a 1/4 inch

T

·
0 Posts
I hope that mine are not to long,how thick is the track it must be close to a 1/4 and the lug is 1",how long are your studs???they do look long.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
well they are definitely smaller than 1.5. you better check yours i have had some definite contact with my tunnel but only because my track was really loose

·
Registered
686 Posts
It depends what stud mfg your talking about woodys are measured from the shoulder up. 1.175 are as long as you should you go on a one inch track ,when bottoming out they will leave tiny scratches.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would think they will tear out pretty quick. Call Woody's to confirm...they are very helpful. I would really re-think 1.5's
My mega's hang over the SP track and they are shorter than 1.5's

NE-
He's using Woody's

1 - 20 of 32 Posts