Hardcore Sledder banner

Studding a 08 apex with 1 1/4 . Clearance?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gotrek 
#1 ·
Question what's the longest stud you can put in a apex without clearance issues .
Thanks

#2 ·
I think that's the wrong question if you have a 1.25" track and no plans to change it.

That tunnel will take a mountain paddle with new drivers up front, as found on the mountain apex. But without taking the stud protection out, you are not going to want to go past 1.5" and still at that length, they could hit the exchanger protection up front under heavy braking.

This changed in 2011, so keep in mind, I'm talking only pre 2011 like what you have.

If going with the what an MFG like Woody's would recommend, they would tell you the proper stud length for your track is 1.325" studs. An 1/8" past your lug is what will give you penetration, without the risk of damage.

Good luck!

#3 · (Edited)
Even with 1.325's you'll need to add protection to the rear heat exchanger if you have one. LTX models for example.

Most guys screw in some used hyfaxes to the existing aluminum rails. Go on Totally yamaha forum (in the RS section I think) this topic is well covered. You need 1.5" total clearance to the cooler if you run studs.

Here found it..

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/anyone-who-studded-a-2010-vector-ltx-read.88497/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.