Catfish I'm running 144 1.080 stud boys on the standard track (1"). After puttiing on just under 125 miles last Friday I did not encounter any real ice to test on but a hard pack on a side road indicated that there is just to way too much torque to adequately control track spin during WOT launches. However if you just roll on the power pretty hard as soon as you get moving they hook pretty well. I didn't want too much rotating weight so I think this is a happy medium. By the way I used Woody's stud pattern.
I placed 153 saber studs, (1.0175) in my F-7. I have only ridden it on ice and was a bit dissapointed. Not in the sled, but in my choice of studding. It would break lose when pushed. In fact, it made for a scary experience as I tromped on the sled while doing 40 mphs, and it broke lose between 40 and 60 mphs. A Little unsettling. I encourage you to go with a longer stud such as a 1.175 or more than the 153 i placed in. The sled had such impressive acceleration that I got the clue real quick that studing should have been taken more seriously.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, trails, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, accessories, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!