Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I want to use the studboy 153 pattern for my firecat....but all i have is single backers...does it really matter if i use double or single backers for this pattern??

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also studboy says Do not use Loctite™ when using nylon lock nuts .... I thought you should always use it to insure that the shit will not back off??

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCatForLife@Oct 11 2005, 05:53 AM
also studboy says Do not use Loctite™ when using nylon lock nuts .... I thought you should always use it to insure that the shit will not back off??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921678
[/quote]
Ive never used locktite with nyloc nuts & never had a problem, also the more double backers you use the better. The tall nuts really seem to help too. :m2c:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats the problem ...i only have single backers....I am wondering if it will still be ok to do the 153 studboy pattern with them when studboy calls for both....

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would definitely get some double backers as the more you use of these the better (less chance of having a stud rip/pull through the track).

I used the tall aluminum tower nuts with the 153 pattern w/ 1.5" studs on the 1 3/8" track and didn't lose or bend a single stud -- amazing given the extremely marginal rocky, dirt/snow I rode in a few times last season.

As you noted, Stud Boy recommends loctite for the tower nuts, but not for the nyloc ones.

If you do use the tower nuts they recommend soaking them in acetone -- I soaked both the studs and the nuts for several days, makes a nice, clean bonding surface for the loctite if you go that route.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm i wonder why they dont recommend using the loctite for nyloc ones as a added precation...or maybe it screws up the nyloc nuts? ..

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
IF you call stud boy directly They have the 170 and 153 patterns for sale they will sell you 153 studs and all the double and single backers you need. Thats a lot cheaper than buying extras from a dealer seeing how they only sell the 144 and 192 kits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts