Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 Indy xc 137” Ice Ripper, HD rear torsions, Studboy Dueces Kimpex fuel holder
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dueces on now but still getting push in tight corners really bad. Once they break loose in the apex of the turn sled goes straight dead ahead even with zero throttle. Steering is not light by any means and I’m getting no inside ski lift. I wouldn’t mind a little inside ski lift as long as the front carved a nice corner. I guess what I’m asking is which bite better, dueces or singles? This is on hard pack groomed trail with fluff pushed to the outside.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the deuces on mine to eliminate darting and they did that but I did lose my cornering ability so I swapped back to the singles they corner much better. This is on my 19 800 Xc.

·
Registered
2020 850 Indy xc 137
30 Posts
I have the Dueces on now but still getting push in tight corners really bad. Once they break loose in the apex of the turn sled goes straight dead ahead even with zero throttle. Steering is not light by any means and I’m getting no inside ski lift. I wouldn’t mind a little inside ski lift as long as the front carved a nice corner. I guess what I’m asking is which bite better, dueces or singles? This is on hard pack groomed trail with fluff pushed to the outside.
I have your same exact sled but with Xtra hd springs I currently have used the 7.5 shapers and now have the 9 inch shapers my sled turns like it's on rails,had to add a little preload on front shock spring when the shapers are new but I actually have 2 great set ups with just a turn of the rear torsion med ultra precise steering like rails or when I want less darting and ski pressure I go to full soft, set up currently working the way I want ,good luck safe riding..

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 Indy xc 137” Ice Ripper, HD rear torsions, Studboy Dueces Kimpex fuel holder
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have your same exact sled but with Xtra hd springs I currently have used the 7.5 shapers and now have the 9 inch shapers my sled turns like it's on rails,had to add a little preload on front shock spring when the shapers are new but I actually have 2 great set ups with just a turn of the rear torsion med ultra precise steering like rails or when I want less darting and ski pressure I go to full soft, set up currently working the way I want ,good luck safe riding..
Not trying to get too personal, but what’s your street cloths weight? I promise I won’t follow up with hair and eye color, lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Different sled for sure but I just today went from shapers to duce bars on my '14 SB 800. I finally got the best handling I've been looking for. Zero darting and ALMOST as precise as the shapers cornering. I've gotta get a tad more front-end pressure, probably going to add some preload on the IFS because the back end is perfect. I weigh 230 geared up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I ran a pair of shaper's a few years ago. They performed well, zero complaints until I put my eyeballs on them. They bend fairly easy from side impacts. Normal, aggressive riding with no obvious events, they were wavy like a noodle. While I liked them, I didn't replace them with shapers.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Stud Boy Deuce Bar Snowmobile Wearbar 6" ,, No darting and handles great. Suspension 100% stock, no studs (only two clicks harder on front, Sweet spot)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m 60 years old...not in great shape...got some arthritis...

I was out with friends who ride pretty fast and I found myself keeping up and even running up on them sometimes. I didn’t realize I had picked up speed with this sled. My original ride a week ago on this sled was solo and more a test run dialing in the suspension out on the trail.

The trails this last time with friends were rough, wooped out in groomed trails in tight woods. I started standing more on the sled even in corners which is a new style for me...holy cow, the sled performed magnificent ridden like that, normally I’m a sit down rider. I now just have to build up the strength and stamina for this new riding style.

As it pertains to my original post, the Dueces work magnificently. I think my first time trying to tune the sled, I was riding it wrong. Now I realize it’s up to me to ride it right and enjoy the performance it can deliver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts