Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my top end put together and I got 122 picks put in and on my way home the dealer called to tell me I had to bring the sled back because they just got another F7 back in and after 52 or so miles the poor guys' tunnel was shredded from the middle row of studs...

My pattern looks like this:

and the middle studd on the top row of that "Every Third Row is the Same" patter is the one that has to come out?

I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone else gone through this and what did you do if you have?
2. When I asked the dealer if the holes left behind will hurt the integrity of the track they replied "Not at all" and referenced tracks that come with 144 holes already in em...

I am skeptical...

·
Registered
614 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Was it the dealer that studded your track?? If so, he should cough up a new track for you and reinstall all the studs onto the new track in the correct postion. It is common knowledge that the middle should not be studded on Firecats.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Please, please, PLEASE tell me that your authorized DEALER didn't put studs down the middle of the track where we've ALL (?!??!?) known for several months now that you can't put them there due to the location of the center built in tunnel protectors????? -- Roy

P.S. The holes shouldn't hurt a thing IMO.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They said they did use AC's template at first, but now it's been admitted that it was just their template...anyway...it had 119 picks in it and I brought it in this morning and took out every one down the middle which totaled 17 so I now have 102 and the pattern is two inside and two outside...all within the middle section of the track. They knew not to go to the outside. I got the verbal warranty that if any tears or damage to the track happens as a result of the 17 holes, they would take care of it.

FYI...a guy who can't stand the F7 ride and has had the tunnel all blow to bits wanted to trade his Firecat for a ZR 900 and it looks like (Because of all the "ISSUES" with the Firecats) they may not even take the sled in trade...I hope this thing lasts me through the year ok.... :blink:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SnoProG@Dec 14 2002, 10:58 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Was it the dealer that studded your track?? If so, he should cough up a new track for you and reinstall all the studs onto the new track in the correct postion. It is common knowledge that the middle should not be studded on Firecats.

SNOPROG,

How did you upload the pic and what kind of file extension is it? I tried to upload a .jpg and .gif this morning three times and kept getting errors telling me it was an incorrect file to upload?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I would tell them to SHOVE that track up
there ASS!!!How in the hell are these DUMMIES
even dealer's...i would CALL cat and tell them
what kind of dummies they have selling
there machines!!!I WOULD GET A NEW TRACK!!!
I can see why ur machine blew up...
dummies like that PDI them!!!Who want's
a track with 17 holes in it!!!At least get in
written that they will replace!!!And what issue's
is there!!!Just dummies like that not PDI them
right!!!Dealer's fault not the MACHINE'S!!!
Dealer's like them is WHY there are issue's with them!!
Sorry had to get that off my CHEAST!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
One more thing did they not even look to see
what they were doing???It is right there in
front of them!!!Kid's doing it or do they need GLASSES!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, that's inexcusable. Between this and the engine squeaking, I would have totally freaked out by now. You should post who your dealer is.

·
Registered
827 Posts
must be k-mart or something,,lol,they need to give you a new track,,period

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Dealer is Hudson Cycle. They have been great so far. I know this isn't something great as far as a choice they made, but I still blame the coolant/Engine Explosion on CAT for not educationg the dealers...kind of like Bill Buckner...I don't blame him for 1986...I blame the manager for keeping a cripple in the game during a defensive time...If the track has something go south...they will be taking care of it...not to mention the fact that I am eating the 17 x 5 = $85.00 of studs that I am just going to keep as spares to be a nice guy...we'll see how it goes this weekend and hopefully all will be well...I don't want to be in the position where bridges are getting burnt, etc, etc.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
At least they could have the ball's
to give u ur money back on the
stud's u bought.....and YES blame
him...all dealer's were educated
on the frame's..etc..and common sence
should of told them not to drill
there....and ALL dealer's were
told to GET THE AIR OUT OF THE
OIL LINE AND COOLENT SYSTEM!!!
U JUST GOT SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holy Crap! They won't even credit the studs they had to pull out?????

I've got to get a beer on that one.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You have got to be kidding!!!!! That should never happen, i don't care what your dealer says...DO NOT PAY FOR A THING !

·
Registered
614 Posts
Bosssho

I upload the pictures from my cam to my AOL web space and just point to the picture using HTML

My files are .jpg format

Or, if I don't want to upload to my web space, I just use the file attachment feature of this message board. This is where you point to where the picture is located on your hard drive and it is uploaded to display. Make sure to select the file itself and not just the folder it's located in.

I think you may be in a bit of trouble with the amount of studs you have now. Is it possible to add more studs to your pattern? Can you double up some using new double backers and drilling another hole and avoid the middle of the tunnel. I gotta' think you may throw some studs with so little now. Your dealer is at fault and he should make good about HIS mistake. There's a saying "you don't ask, you don't get" or should I say DEMAND!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts