Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stud feedback. Wondering if anyone has feedback on 102 stud pattern in the sno pro track on the F7? Are they staying in? Is 102 enough?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have 600 miles on 96 woodys studs on a f7 sno pro im using steel backers all studs look like new all miles were in low snow conditions

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got 102 in my F7SP, but only with 120 miles. So far, so good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have 102 and 1.1 miles and they seem to be staying pretty well. Maybe thats the trick don't run your sled and the studs stay in.

·
Registered
290 Posts
102 woody's mega-bites, square backers, woody's pattern, F7 SP, 120miles
all is well...they work great

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
i was thinking that when you used single or round backers with that much horespower you would want somthing more rigid, thats why i was thinking of going with double diggers, does anyone have experience or has run double diggers on there f7 or f7 snopro?

do you think the pattern of the singles vs. the doubles, what woul dhav better hook up?

thanks,dave.

·
Registered
126 Posts
138 (mine and dealer's pattern) Woody's Mega-Bites, square
backers and double backers, no problems hooks up great!
:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
i broke off 7 stud boys and bent 1 real bad i also tore out 1.5" of my shaper bars. but it's not the studs fault it's mine i had to of hit somthing because they were all in the same place. other wise i loe them.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Studding is a personal preference. If you are the guy that is spinning your track on every corner and on the pavement and rocks and dirt. I don't care if you have 300 studs, they will bend, break and tear out. 102 studs is a little light for 140 hp, but if you take it easy you will be fine. I personally had 168 studs on my 01 800 ZR and never lost one in 3000 miles. I had 2 slightly bent when I sold it. Take care of your studs and they will take care of you.
Cat S.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have 170 studs 1.25 Redtips, thats a pattern that Arctic Cat and woody's put out.It puts studs in the closed windows of the track right over the hyfax.I used square plastic backers, 600 miles, no problems. Would like to add more, too much power!Snowhunter

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have 136 woodys in my snow pro.
300 miles and every thing is just fine.
I will never go with out them again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
153 1.45 megabites in a 2-3-4 pattern using double backers on the 4 and two of the 3s and single squares on the 2 and the other 3. Semi random spacing. 7 1/2 Shaper bars.
I love the setup so far but haven't had much need for the studs because of all the powder! At least I can make it up my friends driveway now. The shapers make a big difference in the soft snow.About 200 miles on since studding and no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts