Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on studding this fall and am curious what you guys like, what is a good price and what patterns you use.

I am going to the Snow Show in Grayslake, IL as they usually have the best deals there but I want to know what to expect to pay. I think I have settled on 168 studs, 120 in the middle and 48 on the outside.

What is a good price for 168 studs with backers? What brands do you recommend or which should I stay clear of. I have used Fast-trac's in the past and have been happy with them.

Are the tall nuts worth the extra money and weight?

Any patterns that you know work well?

Thanks for the advice.

RippinFusion :div20:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i have used exteme max in and they seemeed pretty good and probably are the cheepest studs and have the best warranty. red tips are pretty good to and are pretty reasonable. nothin against woodys but when u can get good stud for 2/3 s the price. dealers sell a shitload of these studs at haydays and i guess they dont jerk u around with warranty either. the tall aluminum nuts are lighter than the little steel lock nuts. beleive it or not. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
most shorter studs exteme max were .99 with stud nut and alum backer at haydays. longer studs fot like 1.25 tracks were $1.19 fot stud nut backer

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
exteme max probably the cheapest but i think they are junk .........my best luck is with woody gold diggers.....use 144 though ....96 down the middle 24 on each side...........168 is just too much weight.........144 1.325 weigh 10.5 lbs with nuts and square alum backers.........this year on my 06 900 i went with 120 woodys mega-bites 1.45....96 down the middle and 12 on each side...........in my opinion the woodys are worth the extra $.........they don't fall off or bend as easy............

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Sep 19 2005, 09:50 PM
exteme max probably the cheapest but i think they are junk .........my best luck is with woody gold diggers.....use 144 though ....96 down the middle 24 on each side...........168 is just too much weight.........144 1.325 weigh 10.5 lbs with nuts and square alum backers.........this year on my 06 900 i went with 120 woodys mega-bites 1.45....96 down  the middle and 12 on each side...........in my opinion the woodys are worth the extra $.........they don't fall off or bend as easy............
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=883085
[/quote]
Have had great luck with woody's myself. :div20:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Sep 19 2005, 10:50 PM
exteme max probably the cheapest but i think they are junk .........my best luck is with woody gold diggers.....use 144 though ....96 down the middle 24 on each side...........168 is just too much weight.........144 1.325 weigh 10.5 lbs with nuts and square alum backers.........this year on my 06 900 i went with 120 woodys mega-bites 1.45....96 down  the middle and 12 on each side...........in my opinion the woodys are worth the extra $.........they don't fall off or bend as easy............
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=883085
[/quote]

If you're really thinking about weight, swap your Ripsaw for an Ice Ripper, same track, pre-loaded with 256 picks, only 1 pound heavier than the Ripsaw. I just put one on my 06, looks like it will be great.

·
Vendor
17,630 Posts
Originally posted by RedFusion900@Sep 20 2005, 09:53 AM
If you're really thinking about weight, swap your Ripsaw for an Ice Ripper, same track, pre-loaded with 256 picks, only 1 pound heavier than the Ripsaw.  I just put one on my 06, looks like it will be great.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=883396
[/quote]

We use Fast Trac studs and love them. I can get you whatever you want from Fast Trac for my cost plus shipping. They make the whole sale pricing so that it is impossible to make any money on so for HCS members I am selling them for cost + shipping. :div20:

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by polarisidiot@Sep 20 2005, 09:11 AM
We use Fast Trac studs and love them.  I can get you whatever you want from Fast Trac for my cost plus shipping.  They make the whole sale pricing so that it is impossible to make any money on so for HCS members I am selling them for cost + shipping. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=883417
[/quote]
What kind of $ for 144 top gunll 1.325?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts