Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woodys says the push thru studs should be set at 15 foot pounds, but stud boy makes NO recomemdation.

What should I set them at????

As tight a possible, or 15 foot pounds?

Thanks Daranello

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive always just cranked them down tite till they wouldnt tighten anymore,never lost 1! Do that and you'll be fine.[/b]
So no such thing as too tight??? Or sunk too much in the track???

·
Registered
416 Posts
Like i said ive never had a problem taking them down tite.Istart the nuts by hand, then use a air ratchet to tighten them, then go over them again by hand with a ratchet.I have studded alot of sleds in my time like this and have never had a problem.Even on sleds with shit tracks.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Studs are meant to be bottomed out when tightening them. Don't be afraid to put it on as tight as the threads will allow.[/b]

Are you sure, looks like the track is going to rip from being squished

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
As long as you are using the proper diameter bit when drilling the track, the stud will push through and then pull the track up into the raised area of the backer, making for a nice seal.

What kind of studs & backers are you installing?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as you are using the proper diameter bit when drilling the track, the stud will push through and then pull the track up into the raised area of the backer, making for a nice seal.

What kind of studs & backers are you installing?[/b]
I used the stub boy power plates :dunno: I only have them torqued down to 120inch pounds so far......How do you know when your tight, just seems to keep turning.

P.S. I used the Woody's 102 Template

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
just tighten them as far as you can., without ripping them through the track, never had a problem before.. rather too tight.. than to loose IMO

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just tighten them as far as you can., without ripping them through the track, never had a problem before.. rather too tight.. than to loose IMO[/b]

There counter sunk pretty deep (I guess I should have taken that pix) thought they were just suppose to be flush on the inside?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is correct way. Woody's bottom out easier and don't tend to distort track. Studboy's use a shoulder but they will draw track in too much if over tightened.[/b]
This is what I was worried of!!!

[attachment=276982:Firecat_002.jpg]

Doesn't they look counter sunk?

[attachment=276983:Firecat_004.jpg]

Stud Boy said 10-12 ft pounts and sligtly countersunk

[attachment=276984:Firecat_005.jpg]

any disadvantage to being too lose??

[attachment=276981:Firecat_001.jpg]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts