Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the power line going up the hill between john longbottom and the gull lake turn off. we stopped, had a little laugh.
not even sure how they got there?

. :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
on the power line going up the hill between john longbottom and the gull lake turn off. we stopped, had a little laugh.
not even sure how they got there?

. :banana: :banana:[/b]
Even though it sucks, we can't stop him. He must have made it down the road from the gravel pits on old 304.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was comming off the lake this afternoon from fishing and a guy accidently turned into the boat launch access using the snowmobile trail instead of the plowed vechicle access. I guess he didn't see the vechicle access. He buried his front end, there is a little bit of a ditch there. (the boat launch is right off HW 502 about 1/4 of a km north of Lac Du Bonnet).

I convinced him to stop trying to drive out, he was just sinking more and more. I high tailed it home, got the truck and pulled him out. I thought it was going to be more difficult than it actually was. My truck didn't have to work hard at all to get him out.

Just before I pulled him out (while I was hookng up my tow rope) an old man pulls up in his boat-car :) and has a look around the stuck vechicle, himming and hawing. I asked him to stop traffic, because I was going to have to block both lanes to pull him out. 502 isn't very busy. I wouldn't even call it a highway. Well, he just stood there and observed so I grabbed some traffic triangles from the back seat and placed those out on the road.

After I pulled this guys truck out the old man starts to walk back to his car, (he had to walk around the truck that was stuck) and he slips and falls flat on the road right under this guys wheel, right as the guy starts to drive off. The old man is one lucky sob that the guy drove away without backing up first. Considering where and how his vechicle was positioned after I pulled him out, I'm surprised he didn't back up first before driving off.

When I saw the old man go down I threw my truck into park and ripped out the door as fast as I could, and that wasn't fast enough. If the driver would have backed up first, I don't think I would have had time to blink, nevermind react.

Could have been messy. I'm thankful it wasn't, and I'm sure the old man is counting his blessings.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
My biggest complaint is the guys with quads still using the groomed trails. We went up to Carberry from Douglas week or so ago and what a damn mess...great big ruts down the whole trail, and as soon as they get it smooth again...some SOB will be back on them.

I have no problem with quad guys riding spring-fall...but stay off in the winter and let us sledders who pay use the trails without foot deep ruts!

·
Registered
789 Posts
My biggest complaint is the guys with quads still using the groomed trails. We went up to Carberry from Douglas week or so ago and what a damn mess...great big ruts down the whole trail, and as soon as they get it smooth again...some SOB will be back on them.

I have no problem with quad guys riding spring-fall...but stay off in the winter and let us sledders who pay use the trails without foot deep ruts![/b]
I hear ya, that spot is always bad. Lots of quads around the base. :banghead:

·
Registered
192 Posts

I have no problem with quad guys riding spring-fall...but stay off in the winter and let us sledders who pay use the trails without foot deep ruts![/b]

Believe it or not the guys from trackshare say their tires leave no ruts and they don't care if they have a trail pass or anything. I fucking hope they get caught and fined then they will complain about that. Atleast we as snowmobilers have a club world wide and take care of the trails that we ride on. They seem to bitch about everything, like if your so dedicaded start a fucking club and we snowmobilers will stay of your god dam trails.

We groom what 20% out there and they need to ride on the groom trails!

·
Registered
7,348 Posts

I hate that. You're going along and all of a sudden your ski is cought in a quad rut. I thanked my cousin for buying a track kit to put on his quad and hopefully we'll go out for a ride someday.

I was up in Sandilands and we were stopped at an intersection and up comes a group 4 or 5 quads. As they're passing I see they are making ruts so I was thinking about flipping them the bird, and out of nowhere the leader of the group flips ME off! I was like WTF?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts