41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
plummer, wow those r some impressive top speeds with the 1.375 track. if u had a 1" track u would be somewhere in the low to mid 120's i bet. just curious if u had some serious mods done to your sled or have it geared differently? not doubting your numbers, i just dont think ive heard of a higher mph with that track on a f7 stock motor.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Some great advice in this thread. Only thing I would add is that you should check belt deflection in addition to clutching.

*NICE* dyno numbers! :div20:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Dave, I know you are pretty thorough with this stuff, but did you ever pull the secondary spring and see if the rollers hit against the helix or if the sheaves have a lot of play when the clutch is open?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by PLUMMER@Oct 20 2005, 07:16 PM
I agree with this , best to check thouroghly and start withthe cheapest and easiest things first
This is completely false, I persoanlly have been able to get High teens 119.2 on a 1.375 stock 03 and 05 carb SP to 117 all day long.....
This is what I do first, very easy and a controlled expirement, as 1 part at a time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=944129
[/quote]
My buddy has only hit 108 once on a road and never gotten anymore than 104 in the trail @WFO on a 04 F7 sno-pro. It also has 2 degree time key, ODS clutch kit and Fuel restrictor. So, I think your speedo is way way off or you have some serious mods done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just a shot in the dark. When your sled was on dyno did you calibrate your tach? Check yor rpm at top speed and see if it matches your sheet. Overrevving is a big hinderence in top speed. Just check out any dyno sheet, when over peak rpm power drops considerably.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Originally posted by Saber7cat tech@Oct 19 2005, 07:56 PM
Bull, I pulled 118 with my 1.375, and pulled 100 last year witha 1.5 track, and that was turning at wayyyyy too many RPMs. 8400 to be exact...can you say over rev, boys and girls? Good i knew you could say it......lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941638
[/quote]

What exactly do you have done to your sled to pull 118 with that track???... I have the same track on my 04, it's ported, with 2 degree key, reeds, clutching is done and also a pipe mod, and I only pull an honest 110 on the gun... that's with ideal conditions, and not alot of fuel in the tank

Cheers, Kevo

·
Registered
163 Posts
04f7 standard and snopro have the same gears sounds like a clutch problem, weak sec spring dirty clutches belt deflection 1.375 track will tend to be 5/6 mph slower than 1.000. :div20:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Kevo, that was with stock clutching with the stock 1.375 track. I'm not a big modder type, I like the pull and go. That was also on the speedo, not a gun. It was just the right place at the right time. Have never seen it again. But i've done so much to make it more powder worthy lately that its has gotten slower rather than faster.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Originally posted by asphaltkitty@Oct 24 2005, 08:23 PM
04f7 standard and snopro have the same gears sounds like a clutch problem, weak sec spring  dirty clutches belt deflection  1.375 track will tend to be 5/6 mph slower than 1.000. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=952830
[/quote]

Ummm...std and sno pro have different gearing. SP=23/40 and Std=24/39.

Could very well be a clutch problem and plan on tackling that issue first. :div20:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I believe it's the clutching.

I have 04 F6 EFI SnoPro with 1.375 and I went 109 on hardpack backroads and around 98 to 100 on hardpack lake at Tug Hill. My sled is bone stock and everything is still at factory setting, I haven't touch anything. I have seen some F5 can get high 90's without any problems. There is a video of F5 reaching 90 something from the speedo.

I hope that everything works out for you. Talk to Dan from ODS and see what he has to say okay

Good luck,
Dusty

41 - 53 of 53 Posts