Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are these new ultra-lites holding up? my buddy is on his second rev 03&05 due to minor accidents, twisting of the bulkhead. hoping these new machines are stonger for his sake, he's considering a new xp.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My 399 pounder is holding up excellently !! I'm impressed,I've been really pounding on it lately,and I've got about 800mi. on it. I only have ONE squeek and no rattles. (squeek is coming from front susp.a little squirt of lube and it should be fine)

Tell you buddy to stop smashing into things and he'll be fine.

I had over 6000mi. on my 04 800,it held up VERY well also,even after I packed it into a tree,head on,at about 25 mph (w/only 700mi. on it).......broke my bumper,hood and dented my pipe. You just gotta keep your A-arms away from the trees,and you'll be fine......most of the time....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Fixing 1 right now. Head on at 60 mph and took out 4 christmass tree's. Held up verry well bumper 2 plastic nose cone pieces and bent pipe. For the speed I'm impressed. hood is perfect. It he hit the arms maybe another story .

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Based on what I've read, the XP is much easier to fix when you smash in the front end. The collapsible front end S and E modules are keeping the tunnel from being bent, unlike the nun configuration on the REV. The 12 replaceable parts on the XP's front end is saving time and money on rebuilds, compared to numerous parts on the REV.

Accidents happen, at least the engineers put some impact consideration into the new design. Way to go BRP engineers!

I'm still waiting to hear about all these bent rails, bent running boards, and sleds folded in half... :postwhore:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have 600 miles on mine and it is a very quick sled. Chasis seems solid and in my eyes, any strength issues that people have talked about like them folding in half is bs.

·
Registered
428 Posts
925 on my xp 800rx and not one structural issue. Mine has also been 20+/-' in the air on our snow x track lap after lap with nothing but a small squeek that goes away with lithium grease. Going to Quebec again Friday for another 500-600 miles. If Doo chokes up for the belt that blew at 500 miles I will be 100% happy.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Not a single concern at this time.

Was at the dealers the other day, they had one tore down pretty good, apparently dude rolled it on Golden Lake trying to do 100mph. Only thing that broke was the steering rod!! I'm impressed!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
2550 miles on mine last ride I broke the left footwell and it is leaking anti freeze in from the back of the heat exchanger where it forms a "V" (the weld cracked)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is holding up real well!!! I really should say it is holding down the trailer!! The warm F$%^$%^ing weather set us back alot!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Mine is holding up real well!!! I really should say it is holding down the trailer!! The warm F$%^$%^ing weather set us back alot!![/b]
That's been my biggest complaint. I'm tired of looking at it on the trailer... :ermm:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fixing 1 right now. Head on at 60 mph and took out 4 christmass tree's.[/b]
LOL I don't know why I find that funny....Mine is holding up fine....but all I see is green grass out my window.... :russian_roulette:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hit a tree stump, replaced the belly pan and it was cheap and easy. Did bend the aluminum a little, came right out. The pto side makes a sound kinda like a card in the spokes would. Tell me it's just the clutches, I dunno. So far pretty pleased, for the warm weather it's at the dealer for new hand warmers and had them go through the machine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
holding up real good. while i was doing a little powder riding off the side of a trail after i completly missed a turn I found a tree at about 30mph, luckly it was dead but it was sill about 15in in diamater. I thought it was done for but after i pullled if back on the trail it was almost in perfect shape. The upper and lower control arms on the right side took 100% of the impact and only were slightly bent in the center. even being bent the sled still rode perfect, the steering and alignmnet were not off at all and I put on another 300mi after the crash with no problem. The other XP i ride with fliped his around a corner, the sled rolled twuice and only bent the handlebars and craked the right side pannel, the sled was still able to be rode the rest of the weekend. over all it appears that this sled is built dam strong

1 - 20 of 81 Posts