Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to straighten the lugs on my attack 20, don't have money to buy a Maverick and am going to west in feb any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
558 Posts
what exactly do you mean? pics please

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
A good heatgun-some visegrips with some 1/4 steel stock welded to it the length of the lugs (The more pairs the better) and some patience will get the job done,just heat them up evenly until you smell it burning but before it begins to melt,then clamp on the visegrips at the bend and fold it over past straight alittle bit,then reclamp the grips again just below the bend to straighten it out with the lower part of the lug,a few lugs in and you'll find the sweetspot for temps and the amount you need to bend it straight.Have fun!

·
Registered
791 Posts
if i were you i would just cut offt the ends of the track that way it isnt as squirrly coming down the hill and throws snow better

·
Registered
48 Posts
check to see if it is coming apart first. the attack 20 on my m5 is coming apart. on the outside edge there is blisters that popped and is eating the wheels up. there is also water getting trapped in them and it is separting the layers.
sled only has 1000 miles on it waiting to hear from cat

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Just something to think about in the future....Maybe consider the camoplast challenger 2.25 instead of the maverick. A few people have reported some lugs coming off from the soft compound of the track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
-Flip track to HC
-weld (2) 7" pieces of stock to visegrips
-heat paddle with torch
-spray with water and let cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts