Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Dragon last night and after sitting on it for a while Drinking Capt'n and cokes and making vroom vroom noises I started looking closer.

I like to stash stuff on my sleds and this looks like it will be a problem. First, a windshield bag is out and I always have had one for maps, sunglasses, b-ball hat etc. Second, I have always had a toolbox mounted on the belt cover and that just isn't going to fit. I typically coil up a tow rope and syphon hose and tie wrap them somewhere under the cowl but that doesn't look easy either. Heck, I don't even think my spare plug holder will fit on top of the airbox! The rear trunk was always reserved for beverages since the HX would keep them from freezing, not quite sure how that will work now.

The rack that Polaris now offers for the back looks stupid as all hell and is a mere $230 without a bag! They offer a 3 compartment tank bag but the dealer didn't have one. Has anyone tried one and does it hit your knees when standing?

I may be looking at saddlebags which I HATE, does anyone know of any low profile bags that don't look too bad?

Any other ideas? :dunno:

·
Vendor
17,630 Posts
Originally posted by Throttlemonkey@Oct 14 2005, 08:04 AM
Picked up the Dragon last night and after sitting on it for a while Drinking Capt'n and cokes and making vroom vroom noises I started looking closer.

I like to stash stuff on my sleds and this looks like it will be a problem.  First, a windshield bag is out and I always have had one for maps, sunglasses, b-ball hat etc.  Second, I have always had a toolbox mounted on the belt cover and that just isn't going to fit.  I typically coil up a tow rope and syphon hose and tie wrap them somewhere under the cowl but that doesn't look easy either.  Heck, I don't even think my spare plug holder will fit on top of the airbox!  The rear trunk was always reserved for beverages since the HX would keep them from freezing, not quite sure how that will work now.

The rack that Polaris now offers for the back looks stupid as all hell and is a mere $230 without a bag!  They offer a 3 compartment tank back but the dealer didn't have one.  Has anyone tried one and does it hit your knees when standing?

I may be looking at saddlebags which I HATE, does anyone know of any low profile bags that don't look too bad?

Any other ideas? :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928931
[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you. :dunno: :cn:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, looks better than I thought it would.

Does it bounce around much when 'hammering' and does it hit your knees when standing up?

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear! Hopefully I can pick one up at the Big E show in Springfield this weekend.

I was looking at that plastic 'triangle' under the seat that forms the rear compartment. Maybe it could be removed and put a rev bag in??

Rev Bag

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ditto what Monkey said. Im gonna swap out the low profile shield for a taller one but doesn't look like it's gonna matter, not gonna fit.
Has anyone tried it w/ a higher shield ??
I'm gonna need something and I've rode sleds w/ the long tank bags and I just don't feel comfortable w/ them by my lower legs, maybe be different w/ the new ergos on Dragon than the XC ???

I was pondering the same thing about finaglin' a bag under the rear part of seat, if anyone looks into it, please throw a post up about it..

One more thing, checking out the Dragon sled at the Big east show in Syracuse, that sled had a spark plug caddy that was were the tool kit is. Looking mine over at home, no caddy BUT there are 2 holes were it would snap in.....
Question is : Did anyone else w/ the Dragon receive the caddy w/ their sled or is this an accessory. I don't know cause my dealer doesn't have any new 06' Polaris accessory books yet !!!!!! Which by the way, WTH is up w/ that ??!?!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
isnt there a spark plug holder in the right hand storage compartment? my 05 has one

·
Registered
350 Posts
We courier our clothes, etc., to the hotels/motels we are staying at, complete with return address labels and packing tape, so we can send the dirty stuff home.

No storage required, just a toothbrush, toothpaste and a hairbrush!

No lost luggage, no bags stuck in the way, everything is warm and dry when you get there, and you can send as much stuff as you like...works great! And, believe it or not, cheap! 4 guys can send a week's worth of stuff for less than $100 CAD, less than the cost of one cheap set of saddlebags!

Might not help you on day trips, but how much stuff do you need for a day?

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
Originally posted by RedFusion900@Oct 14 2005, 04:55 PM
We courier our clothes, etc., to the hotels/motels we are staying at, complete with return address labels and packing tape, so we can send the dirty stuff home.

No storage required, just a toothbrush, toothpaste and a hairbrush!

No lost luggage, no bags stuck in the way, everything is warm and dry when you get there, and you can send as much stuff as you like...works great!  And, believe it or not, cheap!  4 guys can send a week's worth of stuff for less than $100 CAD, less than the cost of one cheap set of saddlebags!

Might not help you on day trips, but how much stuff do you need for a day?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929931
[/quote]
interesting thought there. :div20:

might look into a tank bag. they do need a little more storage on these things.

i found that you can still open the left side fake compartment door and your tool
kit fits quite nicely in there. :div20:

now that somebody said something, i never though about where to put a spare
set of plugs. might have to look into that. :doh:

what has me kinda twisted is where they put the spare belt holder. are you telling
me that with that kinda heat right there that the belt is going to be o.k. ? i don't
believe that. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by StevieWonder@Oct 14 2005, 06:57 PM
never had a problem with mine ,put it nose down clip just the back
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930359
[/quote]
exactly i was doin it wrong till dealer showed me that too

·
Premium Member
25,410 Posts

·
Vendor
17,630 Posts
I was looking over my sled tonight and found the same shit you guys are finding. Seems as if Polaris didn't intend on anyone needing to carry spare oil, plugs or a belt. I can see it already, I'm going to have to get creative with the garge tools.

·
Premium Member
25,410 Posts
Originally posted by polarisidiot@Oct 14 2005, 08:27 PM
I was looking over my sled tonight and found the same shit you guys are finding.  Seems as if Polaris didn't intend on anyone needing to carry spare oil, plugs or a belt.  I can see it already, I'm going to have to get creative with the garge tools.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930422
[/quote]
good, get working on those "new products" from sled solutions and i'll
buy some. :div20:

·
Premium Member
25,410 Posts
Originally posted by polarisidiot@Oct 14 2005, 08:32 PM
The old brain has turned over a few times but I haven't come up with anything just yet but I'm not giving up. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930438
[/quote]

so you really might need my "help". is that what you are saying?? :dunno:
:frech32:

:smilielol:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
you wouldn't believe it but I was able to put a spare belt and ves oil in the trunk with a bottle of water and my mechanix gloves :beer:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Oct 14 2005, 07:18 PM
you guys have lost me here......................
:dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930400
[/quote]
okay right in front of the shock tower look down there is a deep cavity stuff one end of your belt in that cavity put the tail end of the belt on the clip :div20:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts