Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law told me that a couple of his buddies were stopped in the Highlands over New years. They were asked for permits and registration. Were told plate has to be on the sled and trail pass also has to be on the sled. If you don't have a trail pass or plate the fine is $125.00 I am still trying to get a little more detail so I can't tell you any more until he talks to his buddies again. They were actuallt stopped twice. Sorry i don't have anymore yet.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
My brother in law told me that a couple of his buddies were stopped in the Highlands over New years. They were asked for permits and registration. Were told plate has to be on the sled and trail pass also has to be on the sled. If you don't have a trail pass or plate the fine is $125.00 I am still trying to get a little more detail so I can't tell you any more until he talks to his buddies again. They were actuallt stopped twice. Sorry i don't have anymore yet.[/b]
who stopped them, DNR?

·
Registered
494 Posts
SO BUY A PASS AND EVEN BETTER BECOME A MEMBER OF A CLUB , IN A FEW YEARS TIME WE ARE GOING TO NEED ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN GET FROM THE SNOWMOBILING PUBLIC TO KEEP OUR SPORT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH ALIVE..................[/b]</span>

:snowfall:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wonder if they'll be getting nice new sleds and trucks with the money from registraions....
There's your infrasturcture...

·
Registered
278 Posts
DNR were at the gate today, asking for registration and plates. They are giving out warnings as of today but once they start stopping traffic on the trail, any sled without a plate or registration willl result in a fine. Also fines for this are goin as high as $400 by the end of the year. Also they mentioned that trail passes are not manditory, they cannot fine u if u don't have a trail pass, although manditory trail passes are in the works right now.....all this from the horses mouth. One things for sure, not goin back up without papers and plate.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
my friend and i were up most of the day on new years eve and DNR went by and nearly went over the handel bars trying to stop and come back and check for plates[/b]
That is really sad, nothing better to do I guess ! Actually, the guy who checked us over today was pretty reasonable, I amongst others had no plates, but they are registered for this season, so next time we'll have them for sure, not worth the fine ! He did say that trail passes are not mandatory too as of yet, and when they are, only on designated SANS trails are they required, but by the looks of a few "trails" today (not logging roads), there didn't look to be much maintainance done in a while !

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hopefully the officers on patrol will be a little leniant with guys the first of season,,,,,but the word will travel fast and only a matter of time before people are ticketed with fines...............
The trail passes , according to the post and chronicle, became mandatory end of december,,,,not being enforced until we get enough snow and groomers are able to get out to start regular maintenance on SANS trails......!!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Did they mention if the plates have to be mounted on the sled or is it alright to leave it in the trunk.[/b]
He said they are supposed to be mounted and visible, and they're not overly concerned as to where, as long as you have them on you at a checkpoint, so I'd say in the trunk will be ok for some officers, but maybe not all. Like I said, this guy was pretty good about it...

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
He said they are supposed to be mounted and visible, and they're not overly concerned as to where, as long as you have them on you at a checkpoint, so I'd say in the trunk will be ok for some officers, but maybe not all. Like I said, this guy was pretty good about it...[/b]

I was told last year as long as you have them on your possession that they will accept that....but who knows :dunno:

They can fine you if they so chose to tho for failure to display....

·
Registered
71 Posts
What a job,getting paid to go snowmobiling with new sleds and free gas (our gas and sleds)Back in 95 the RCMP in baddeck were heavy in to the snowmobile patrol until a few of the got in shit for drinking on them and drive on the roads. :linemup: :frech32:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts