Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer told me late yesterday. $2000.00 to boot on a F7 EFI. $2500.00 on a F7 Snopro EFI. Currently own a F7 Snopro. How many of you riders can justify this much on a 1 year trade? I'm sure I'll be keeping mine.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My dealer up here in Canada is $3,400 CDN to Change ($2,100-2,200) for BNG. Not worth it. By the way Cat informally told dealers that if you have an '03 that had motor go they will cover the warranty for another year, which as mine blew I would be insane to trade.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I get a new sled every year i think im going with a 2004 rev x 800 i would have stayed with cat but i dont wanna spend 2500 to boot for the same damn sled.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Trading in after 1 year is a killer. Every other year for me. The one good thing is that there has been no big changes for the Firecats for 04, so why would you want to trade for 2500 plus for the same sled.

The only guys rushing out to buy the 04's will be the guys we have been smoking all year.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
this will be a tough trade year. As a dealer the prices are getting harder and harder to give top dollar. As many of us don't make much on the first sled..thats what makes it tough..

·
Registered
921 Posts
My dealer told me flat out to hang on to it for another year. No great improvements for the amount of cash were talking about.

·
Registered
269 Posts
how much are they going to give you on the trade in?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
IMO, anyone that trades has more money than brains. Whether is cars or snowmobiles, you always make out better selling private and then getting the best deal on the new one. The dealer is going to try to make money on your trade in buy selling it for the same price you could get for it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
damn that's crazy, i have only 90 miles on mine, it is still new,as far as i'm concerned,,,i'm keeping mine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have 1700 miles on mine now, one trip to michigan left plus it has to snow at least once more here on trade i think between 5500 and 6000 that would save 300 in sales taxin mn this year trying to sell a 2003 with 2000 to 2500 miles is not going to be easy.If i dont get another f7 sno pro id get a rev x 800 but i see they seem to break more than the f7 lots of problems with crank seals and rings plus the cost about 1000 more.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by morrisond@Mar 1 2003, 01:07 PM
My dealer up here in Canada is $3,400 CDN to Change ($2,100-2,200) for BNG. Not worth it. By the way Cat informally told dealers that if you have an '03 that had motor go they will cover the warranty for another year, which as mine blew I would be insane to trade.
My personal opinion is that Cat will take care of anyone with an 03 motor related problem due to oil or coolant. They are just not gonna come out and say it. ^_^ You didn't hear it from me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday to see how much I could get for trade on a 4-wheeler, my sled is almost brand new, it has 350 miles on it and it's a F7 SnoPro and they said they could only give about $4500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Seriously WTF, I paid $8,200 otd not too long ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You CAN keep your sled, and have one too!!!!

:ph34r: I am affraid that with the trade in values I am going to have to resort to less moral means to get a new StealthF7SP.

Who's with me?!?!?! :huh: There is safety in numbers !!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
He dont need no water....LET THE MUTHA_FF****ER BURN

BURN M-F BURN....... Ahhh.....Got ya.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmm...After looking at them last night in NH, I am keeping mine. When the F8 hits the snow, then we'll talk :blink:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
With the year the dealers have had, the trade in values will be low. I was at Planet Powersports in Coldwater and he had to have 50 sleds on the floor with another 40-60 in the back. :eek:

It will be tough on some of them without any relief.

He Had F7 Special Orders, race sleds 007 Rev's, Pro-X, etc. :wacko:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just talked to my dealer he said $3000-$3500 to trade up i told him hes crazy i have 4000 miles but over $700 in extras and sled is mint.I told him i will keep the f7 and go buy a rx1 for a second sled i would rather put my $3500 toward a newsled than throw it in the toilet.I figure f7 for trails rxi to rack up miles by the way my dealer only sells cat so his lose and cats i love my sled but $3500 is nuts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts