Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you stay in stoneham i'm not familiar with that town. any info would be appreciated. can you get up to mt. valin from stoneham are the trails ridable? if not what's the furhtest south you can stay just to cut down on the long drive to mt valin. i'm tring to avoid driving all the way to mt. valin in the truck would like to ride sled if possible. where to stay once you get to mt.valin names and numbers would be great. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You would be better off staying in the Lac Beauport area (if you want to leave from Quebec City). There are plenty of decent options there (check the back of your map if you have one). Otherwise, St Raymond is another popular depature point.

It is possible to ride to Mt Valin from this area, but it would be one heck of a long ride for one day. More realistic would be Jonquire, but even this could be asking alot depending on trail conditions and weather. If there is a heavy snow or broken groomer on 23 or 369, you could be looking at 90 miles of real slow going. Also, weather (low temps and snow) can be brutal and unforgiving in the Jaques Cartier Parc, and help can be a very long way away.

I like to park in QC area and ride to L'Etape the same day. It is a decent no-frills place, and this gives us a good shake-down ride for the first day.

I am a firm believer in planning realistic dailly mileage - especially after what we rode thru last Feb. You can always ride a few loops at the end of the day if you have time and energy, but it sucks to have to continue to ride when common sense dictates you stop, just because you planned on 300 miles that day.

Have fun - J.P.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.