Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this will help, but I figured it wont hurt. My red f-7 was stolen friday night late night (great valentines gift) out of my yard. Location was Leominster, Mass. what a violation. The sled has roughly 1750 miles on it, and is reg. in Maine and New Hampshire. I had parked it on the side of my house about 4 feet from a window in which i was sleeping in that room. Ive been snowmobiling for roughly 15 years and nothing like this has ever happened. Unfortunatly I didnt have a seperate insurance policy on my snowmobile and my house insurance doesnt cover it, so I am ..hit out of luck. Will be calling the local dealers and asking them to keep an eye out for it.
Iwas told by the local police that the sled is either stripped or is in Maine or on the way to Canada, I hope not. The thieves actually picked the ass end of the sled up, pushed it to the road and loaded on a vehicle, I seen the foot prints and ski marks, I just installed new double runners on it and they make a unique mark in the snow. They knew what they were doing cause I have sensor lights in the front of my house. They walked up the side of my property so no lights would come on, and took it down the fence line where the lights didnt come on, smart little s.o.b.'s. A short description of it red f-7 with handlebar bags,170 studs,vforce reeds and most of all, a missing front flame sticker on the left side belly pan, it started to peel off so took completely off, any body give me any advice on what i can do would be appreciated, or any clues to biggest crime of the century. You can email me directly at Mte[email protected] or leave a response on the site. Thank you

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sled. I live in Hubbardston, a few towns over. I ride a lot of the local trails and will keep my eye's open. I think the police may be right though, it's probably in pieces or up North. Give us a vin#.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It could be someone in the neighbor hood that knows that you have sensor lights but that is most likely a long shot. I'll keep a look out when I'm in Michigan riding. Post VIN#

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also was it a plain Red F7, Sno Pro, Etc. Etc. Give more details so all of the forum members can keep an eye out!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will keep an Eye in Ontario where i ride....We should all be keep our eyes on the classifieds looking for cheap firecat parts....

I really feel for you...

·
Registered
210 Posts
That really sucks! I know how you feel. I had 2 sleds and a trailer stolen from my driveway 2 years ago. Never saw them again. But, I had insurance on them. I can't believe you didn't! Not to kick you while you're down, but...

What the hell were you thinking keeping an F7 in your open yard, not locked up, and not insured?

I would definitely keep in touch with the dealers on this. The keys for the Firecats aren't generic like other AC's. So, if someone wants to ride it they'll need to get a replacement key (although they could just bypass the key start!).
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should call Arctic Cat and talk to someone in Warranty Registration. They can make a note on your registration. You never know who they sell it to and if they try to do warranty work.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a regular f-7 (red), and vin# is 4uf03snw63t185361 plus registered in maine #301034, reg. new hampshire #333725. Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Another place to watch is E-Bay and other E-classified sites. They could easily part it out over the internet. I will watch there also. Make sure you report it stolen to the DMV or whatever place you have there. That way they can't renew the registration, and just hope they get stopped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts