Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with their trailer licese plate being stolen? I had mine stolen on the first trip last year and again on the first trip this year! I'm not putting this newest plate on my trailer again-it's staying in my truck. :gasthrower: :zorro:

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
it happened to me at our cabin -no less
bolt in in there with some lock -nuts , that will at least slow them down

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it happened to me at our cabin -no less
bolt in in there with some lock -nuts , that will at least slow them down[/b]
I did that-the second time they stole it, they just ripped the whole mount off! (it was kinda rusty)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
looks like we gotta design a quick attach/detach plate bracket....just has to be SECURELY ATTACHED to comply....

Wonder if this is the end of the one time registration plates. It was predictable this would happen due to the way the registrations read....

Noticed all three above mention Caddy/Kalkaska area.....Also brought to mind Turbo's posts about asshats stealing trail markers and tearing up the trails w/4WD......

What is up w/that area???

·
Registered
693 Posts
mine was ripped from my boat trailer... Otsego County

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No problems here. My boat trailer is in my driveway all summer and mever has been screwed with. Actually, the only issue I've had is I found one on the side of m-129 a couple months back. It looked like it had been draging for a while before it finally let go.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thought I had mine stolen once until I pulled off 75 one day to re-fuel & saw my new plate barely hangin' on. My stolen plate apparently was simply a victim of the wind and/or vibration caused by the wind... Mine is mounted on the under-side of the trailer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had one stolen last year as well. It was up in Irons and how I learned about it was that a County mountie pulled me over near the Heidi Hof and almost wrote me a ticket for a missing plate, when I told him that it was registered, he couldn't pull it up on his computer, but let me off w/ a warning and Secretary of State re-issued me one for $8 bucks. More a pain in the &*& and waiting in line at the Sec. of State than anything else.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
looks like we gotta design a quick attach/detach plate bracket....just has to be SECURELY ATTACHED to comply....

Wonder if this is the end of the one time registration plates. It was predictable this would happen due to the way the registrations read....

Noticed all three above mention What is up w/that area???[/b]
Watch out there buddy :uzi: LOL

·
Registered
184 Posts
My sled trailer plate is "SNOWNUT". Had it ripped off twice, now have it bolted through a frame (using fender washer) member locktite added for additional security. I can see the nut has been messed with but they must destroy the plate to get it off.

It's a shame we need to take these measures.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
My sled trailer plate is "SNOWNUT". Had it ripped off twice, now have it bolted through a frame (using fender washer) member locktite added for additional security. I can see the nut has been messed with but they must destroy the plate to get it off.

It's a shame we need to take these measures.[/b]
I got a personalized trailer plate also and was wondering if you had any problem getting them replaced as you can't get personalized anymore.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Watch out there buddy :uzi: LOL[/b]
:cop:

(just seenin if ya were payin attention?)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I did that-the second time they stole it, they just ripped the whole mount off! (it was kinda rusty)[/b]
You sure it didn't fall off cause of the snow load on the rusty brkt.? Mine was the same way but I do wonder if it fell off or was nabbed?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had mine stolen at the Kewadin Lakefront Inn and my cabin in Brevort. Both times I had stainless nylocks and they were still taken.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Make sure you guys report the plates as stolen , missing so that they get entered into lein.... Lots of abuses on the permanant plates....

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Make sure you guys report the plates as stolen , missing so that they get entered into lein.... Lots of abuses on the permanent plates....[/b]
;) good idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts