Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ski years will fit 99 XC500SP? I think anything from 2000 will, anyone if 2001 will. Part manuals for 2001 show different ski p/n, but sure looks the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I beleive any of the plastic skis from 98 on will fit, I just put on a pair of 2004 sidehiller IIs, fit right on.

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think most all polaris skis from 1980 and on will fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked at the spindles on my 96 indy and the older spindles are about 1 inch shorter on the bottom , so they will fit but I think the front end will drop about 1 inch.you can get some newer spindles off ebay for not much if you want to do it. the plastic skis would be a big improvement over the older steel skis.....

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
So you are saying the older ski's make up for the inch by the mounting position on the ski is higher off the ground than the newer ski's?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Originally posted by bobco@Oct 6 2005, 09:35 AM
I looked at the spindles on my 96 indy and the older spindles are about 1 inch shorter on the bottom , so they will fit but I think the front end will drop about 1 inch.you can get some newer spindles off ebay for not much if you want to do it. the plastic skis would be a big improvement over the older steel skis.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912104
[/quote]

You are correct, the mounting bolt for the ProX ski's is 1" closer to the ground than the stock ski's on a 96 XCR.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What model do you get spindles from to use on older model indys so that they will work with the plastic skis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts