Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a rumble pack can (purchased from hi performance engineering) on my 04, 800 pro-x2. stock pipe. ive heard some saying that im actually loosing some horsepower with the aftermarket can, and im better off running the stock muffler. description on the rumble pack says you gain a few horse, but obviously this may be just a sales pitch. i know stock muffler is a bit heavier, which im not concerned if it will offer better perf. i appreciate any input, views on this. thanks all. Allen.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not a fan of the rumble pack, i noticed much better response with my D&D can.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
stock polaris can on a 600-800 is hard to beat for power and no greenie issues......

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can give you a pretty good answer to this question. Bought a rumblepack for my pro-x last year - went up to the U.P., can had about 40 miles on it, tops. Came home late one night. got up that morning and come to find that someone needed the can more than i did and ripped it off overnight. Cover was put back on the sled like I had left it, went to top off with oil and BAMM, no silencer. Could have honestly killed someone I was so pissed off. Filed a report and have heard nothing since (happend last Jan)

Well, for some odd reason I had thrown my stock can in the back of my pickup prior to leaving for the trip. Strapped the stock on and I can honestly say that the sled is snappier with the rumblepack on it. I have since bought a new one after the F- - -head/s stole it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i must admit it has a nice bark to it, but like xc-mark says, ive been stopped by greenies in vt before , luckily they did not have a decible meter on them, and let me go. if anybody knows anyone with a ski-doo rev 800 warn em, my brother had one on his doo and you can hear him coming two towns away, he was warned by state police about it and took it off, says he doesent notice any difference in snap. 98xc700 sorry to hear about the bad luck with the f#$king can bandit, too bad you didnt run into the jerk runnin round with your silencer on their sled....and had a little justice of your own....

mixed answers from both sides of the fence, thanks guys for input

·
Registered
329 Posts
i must admit it has a nice bark to it, but like xc-mark says, ive been stopped by greenies in vt before , luckily they did not have a decible meter on them, and let me go. if anybody knows anyone with a ski-doo rev 800 warn em, my brother had one on his doo and you can hear him coming two towns away, he was warned by state police about it and took it off, says he doesent notice any difference in snap. 98xc700 sorry to hear about the bad luck with the f#$king can bandit, too bad you didnt run into the jerk runnin round with your silencer on their sled....and had a little justice of your own....

mixed answers from both sides of the fence, thanks guys for input[/b]

I put a can on this year and I heard what guys where saying about loosing power so I tested it. My can (whiteknuckleperformance silent ripper) did perform better than the stock can!! Maybe some cans do loose power, I do not know, or maybe some guys are just parenoid!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you put it on a dyno or are you just going by the seat of the pants feeling?[/b]

Seat-o-tha-pants test. RPM's where about 100 rpm's higher with aftermarket can over stock. Used tha same snow covered road both test times. More noticeable low end with aftermarket can as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not dissagreeing with anyone on putting a can on a sled but anything seems faster with louder exhaust trucks cars bikes whatever but it does make sense that if something breathes better it will perform better I have a can on my sled also.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
not dissagreeing with anyone on putting a can on a sled but anything seems faster with louder exhaust trucks cars bikes whatever but it does make sense that if something breathes better it will perform better I have a can on my sled also.[/b]
But if it breathes better it may mess with the backpressure and in turn loose power. There's a reason the manufacturer designs it the way they do. For maximum performance and the least amount of noise. That being said I have a full SLP system :biggrin: .

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
There is no proof any can adds power until its ran on the same dyno with the stock can and then the aftermarket can. Seat of the pants tells nothing.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If you run a can you are most likely losing a very minute amount of performance.
It may feel faster because loud shit always feels faster.

That being said I have a rumble pack on my F7 and it is loud as hell

·
Registered
377 Posts

mixed answers from both sides of the fence, thanks guys for input[/b]

And I am sure all of the people that live in those towns, or any other town for that matter LOVE to hear that NOISE from 2 towns away!

I am glad to hear he took it off:)

We ride on LOTS of PRIVATE land that some LANDOWNER LETS us ride across. A good idea to piss him/her off evey time we ride by?

Don't think so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ive run my 600 both ways and honestly theres not difference worth talking about in my opinion. It sounds cool as hell when your down in a canyon and the echo is intense, but dont spend the 200 bones if you think your gonna feel a difference. Honestly, unless your lining up on the lake who can tell the difference of a couple HP?

After using my sled on the tail end of the season with the stock can, Im leaving it off for this season. Theres no advantage, and the pitch of the rumble pack can on the 600 is perfectly tuned to agravate a bad hangover, which for some reason I seem to get a lot!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
i had an mbrp race on my edge 500 it did have better throttle responce on the low end than the stock can but was little slower on top end compared to stock can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts