Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a 1" track on my Sno-Pro and was wondering if I will have to change the gears in it. What are the stock gears and is there a difference between the two.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
841 Posts
You will just have to change the cam ......snopro-53/51.......regular-strait 53. If you dont change it it might over rev on the big end.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sled-head

I'am not sure what and were the cams are could you or could someone give me some more detail on this subject.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Hitman@Dec 10 2002, 11:32 PM
Sled-head

I'am not sure what and were the cams are could you or could someone give me some more detail on this subject.
The cam is called a helix......its located inside your secondary (driven) clutch. The helix is an easy change and can be done in a few min The helix controlls the rate of up and back shift and can raise or lower your rpm ...........One could write a book on clutching and still not tell all. If you visit brownsliesureworld.com and look under your sled in the parts area it will show you what it looks like and how it comes apart.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Dec 10 2002, 11:37 PM
I`m acctually going to a 1.375 trac, what should I do?
If you are going from a 1 inch track on your regular F7 to a 1.375in track cat found that the taller lug pulls down the rpm on the top end so they used a 53/51 instead of a strait 53.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts