Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the stock gearing is on the 600 RMK and Switchbacks (Edge era)? I am going to a 144 X 1.75" track on my Pro-X 600 and am trying to figure out what ratio to use. Would like to get somewhere in between the two. Also what sort of top speeds did RMK 600's have?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
It all depends on the riding that you are going to do. I would stick with a 1.95 - 2.15 ratio in there but that will work great in trails and powder and is around a 85-95 mph ratio. the way you figure out the ratio is just divide the bottome gear and the top gear and will give you what ratio you are running. i run a 20-39 in my switch 144 with 2" paddle and works good. In deep powder a guy could gear it down a little lower but still pulls good the way it is. Good luck.

Matt

·
Registered
671 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the stock gearing is on the 600 RMK and Switchbacks (Edge era)? I am going to a 144 X 1.75" track on my Pro-X 600 and am trying to figure out what ratio to use. Would like to get somewhere in between the two. Also what sort of top speeds did RMK 600's have?

Thanks[/b]
What is the 144 X 1.75" track you are going with?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the 144 X 1.75" track you are going with?[/b]
Camoplast Backcountry, hopefully it shows up today.

Decided to try 21/41 gearing. Sucks it was 60+ here yesterday. Nice to work in the garage with short sleeves though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts