Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets here it guys! And what where the mods done to the F7? My F7 with 23-40 gears, reeds,S.W.intake and a D.P. kit. From a dead stop drag i get about 6-7 sleds to 100MPH. All of the gain is from 0-30 MPH. Both sleds have same studs. I am thinking of going back to stock gears not helping me on top end.(At least to about 105mph i dont run much longer than that anyway)
Skydog :p P.S. No B.S. PLEASE!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Skydog

I have the same set up as you ready to roll...But have not had a chance to run any stockers as of yet...maybe this coming weekend...theres a 6 mile long lake untouched by sleds that we will be running. I hear there will be one stocker and a RX1 there...

"Oh Canada" is a member close to me but I believe he will be juiced up by the time we meet in a couple weeks possibly...I will let you know the results!

Captainkirk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Skydog-That is nice to know. I have the Outdoor Shop Clutch Kit and the SW intake. Two of my friends are picking up F7's this week and the following week we are going up to Old Forge. I think I might want to order my Reeds and put them in this week so I make sure I have the advantage. Both of these guys love to race.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Jan 12 2003, 05:25 PM
Well lets here it guys! And what where the mods done to the F7? My F7 with 23-40 gears, reeds,S.W.intake and a D.P. kit. From a dead stop drag i get about 6-7 sleds to 100MPH.  All of the gain is from 0-30 MPH. Both sleds have same studs. I am thinking of going back to stock gears not helping me on top end.(At least to about 105mph i dont run much longer than that anyway)
Skydog    :p             P.S. No B.S. PLEASE!!
We did extensive running on Lake Winebago again today. Extensive radaring of F7's and a few other brands. The best running F7 was a standard with V force reeds and some type of intake re-work. With stock gearing he pulled 113-116 in ideal conditions. The fastest of the day was a XCR800 that pulled 118. Here's my proX 600. Check out the high tech GPS harness. :p

Mine ran 112mph with a 1.25 inch track and 144 nails.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWEET THANKYOU for the input keep it coming guys!!! P.S. How many other F-cats were out running? Any with some taller gears? How far did you run for the top end numbers! :D Did the fastest F7 have stock cluthing?
Skydog

·
Registered
30 Posts
F-7 snow pro 104 stud 1 1/2 in delta 3,bulleye,timing key 3 deg,D&D Clutch kit,23/40 gear ratio,
top speed 103 mph ,same on 6 run, was in fornt of my body w/stuck f-7 104 stud.
take off verry ,after 300 ft i am about 5 lenth in front after about 700ft ,i was about 3,
at 103 mph,that it,my body is catching up and pass me ,we are about 1000ft.
but i am sure there is e better clutch kit out there.

I 700 edge x w /stud came to try ,just dust him,10 lenth min.
COOL

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take out your timming key and try it! I know they hurt your topend!!
P.S. THANKYOU FOR THE INPUT!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Jan 12 2003, 09:01 PM
SWEET THANKYOU for the input keep it coming guys!!! P.S. How many other F-cats were out running? Any with some taller gears? How far did you run for the top end numbers! :D Did the fastest F7 have stock cluthing?
Skydog
Forgot to mention that the 116mph Fcat was running 66 gram weights with stock gearing. He tried higher gearing but it actually flattened out top speed and weakened the hole shot.

The standard Fcats run quite a bit faster than sno pro's on ice. I was actually surprised that I git past the F7 sno pros fairly easily.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My bud (ATOMICAT) and I raced down a nice, wide asphalt road this weekend around Seney, MI. We were ditchbaning a bit and I couldn't figure out why we kept circling from one side of the road to the other; he was scouting a place to drag me. He's got a standard 156 Fast Traks and that's it running against my Sno Pro F7 with 156 Fast Traks and a Dakota clutch kit and a 100 lb. heavier rider :). He did the 1-2-3 and we were off. I kicked his ass by 4 -6. At the end, I got the old " I couldn't hook up" routine. Hey, he found a place to run, he lined up, he counted down, he lost. Ha Ha Ha. LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's some testing done on stock F7's. My dealers std. F7 has about 400 miles on it, 187 1.25" Redtail studs, 4" SW air intake, 23/40 gearing and SW clutch kit. My std. F7 has 6 miles on it, 136 1.25 Redtail studs,a staight line clutch kit and stock gears. Ran between 3/4 to a mile on bare ice with some snow patches to cool down. First pass I handed my dealer his ass and every run we did. From the dead start: in about 200 yards 5-7 sleds and at shut down it was about 3 sleds. From a rolling start (40 mph) I was in front by 3 sleds and stayed there. We'er going to test a different gear setup this week, then it's the timing key and on from there. :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet THANKYOU!!! stock gears are looking better every day now! :lol:
Skydog P.S. You going to try 23-40 in yours and race him again!!?

·
Registered
477 Posts
23/40 gears are only of value if you wish to go faster than ~ 115mph and will add slightly to et's in less than 1000-1320 ft. IMO clutching is not determining the top end on the F7's but rather they are running out of gear. Stock clutching will pull everything a kit will on top end, the diffrrence is how fast it gets there. The other mods involving air intake and reeds is gonna give very little noticeable difference in real world. Skydog you mentioned upto 7 lengths difference. I would attribute 90% to clutching. For the average Joe who does not want to mess with or have the risk involved with timing keys and changing air flow buy a clutch kit and let her rip.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have to choose between a drag sled and a trail sled. I have found that heavier weights and a steeper compound helix will make a top performer in a drag race, but it will fall flat on its face when it comes to trail riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts