Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what stock compression should b on an xcr800...mine has a couple thousand miles on it and i was going to put in a wisco top end kit because it was down to 110 compression...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sorry to steal a spot but I figure whoever answered your question may also know the compression for a 99 xc 700- I hope you/I get an answer. Just did not want to start another thread. :beerchug:

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
is that 110 psi in all holes? what elevation are you at? How many miles on this top end? If all 3 jugs are with in 2~3 psi I would get a differnt gauge before I took it apart.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its running 110 across em all and im running about 1000 to 3000ft above sea level...and the top end thats in it is the original top end...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and hey ryanru i just happend to go through a 99' xc700 at work this week...when i finished putting the motor back together with a fresh top end it was reading 130 in both cylinders...

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Originally posted by polarissnox03@Oct 12 2005, 02:27 PM
just wondering what stock compression should b on an xcr800...mine has a couple thousand miles on it and i was going to put in a wisco top end kit  because it was down to 110 compression...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925233
[/quote]

mine has 140 in each hole at sea level. my test guage has an 8 inch hose. if it starts easily, you're good and don't need a re-build. given the jetting is right and the motor is warm, a short quick pull of 12-18 inches on the rope should start it. another test is starting it by rolling the primary clutch by hand. the second test is good, but be carefull not to snag your fingers or clothes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All compression guages seem to read different numbers. My 800 XCR was 135 on each cylinder with 5 pulls at WOT. Since all your cylinders are the same its probably fine. I would try to find somebody with a leakdown tester to find out what shape its in.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
as mentioned , all guages are different,
on a 700 twin,125 is factory spec

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks for the info Xc Special,polarissnox03. You were more than helpful as always
:beerchug:
Have a great winter!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts