Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Thundercat Helix I put in I'm sure will give me a hight top end, but I feek a loss of bottom end and midrange..

what's the best Helix for this F7... with either the 53 or 57 degree helix's I'm pulling 7850 - 7900 rpm max

Think I'm changing back to stock Helix

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
By the sound of your post,it doesn't seem that you've touched the spring in the secondary,adjust it ,according to what your trying to gain,more or less rpm.the helix your running should pull harder,not less the stocker,but you may see a loss in topend.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK if i had a 53-51 and went to a 53-49 would i have more top end?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the higher i would go on the first number and on the second the faster i would go if i could keep rpm at max....rite

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
You probably want to keep the second # very close to if not the same as stock unless you are heavily modded (doubt it). The first # is the one you can increase. The higher the first # the quicker upshift.

Cat S.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
simple helix rules....
less angle=more belt side prssure

more angle=less side pressure

more finish angle will lower operating RPM's.

Less finish angle will raise the RPM's, but may result in a slipping belt.

·
Registered
477 Posts
More or less angle does not neccesarily mean more or less top speed. It is more dependant on rpm. Depending on whey you were reving before the helix change. You want to increase revs to peak hp without going over and still maintaining adeqeate belt pressure with spring selection and tension to avoid belt slip. Clutching setups are very sensitive to snow conditions but in general the numbers gls gave at the start of the year are very accurate revs to shoot for depending what you want to accomplish.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well... my rpm's max out at 7900... this is with the Thundercat Helix. Same rpms as with the stock Helix?

I would have thought going from a 53 to 57degree Helix would increase my rpms, but maybe it's just getting me there faster?

The Cat dealer here said I should be maxing and staying at 7600 rpms with weights? because that is where my max HP is ???

so why is everyone else talking at least 7900 to 8100 ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts