Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looken at buying a motor for an 07IQ440.. motor and thats it. no clutch, carbs. supposibly never ran. Iasked him how much he wanted and told me too figure out what its worth. so here I am asking the exsperts.. how much is a fair price for the engine?

·
Registered
238 Posts
looken at buying a motor for an 07IQ440.. motor and thats it. no clutch, carbs. supposibly never ran. Iasked him how much he wanted and told me too figure out what its worth. so here I am asking the exsperts.. how much is a fair price for the engine?[/b]
i just bought a very solid running 05 motor to put in my 04 pro xr 440 and i payed $600 for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bought an 06 less the carbs/recoil for 510.00... only ran once to be trailered home, then pulled for a mod motor.
[attachment=413729:pro_x_440.jpg]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a screaming deal find me one of those and i will be soo amped!.
any one have something laying around they garage they want to get rid off?

If no complete motors how about pistons and a jug for sale?

·
Registered
887 Posts
You guys got some good deals I think, we just bought Avalanches last 440 engine. It was Mike Schultz race engine from last year with 4 races total, 2 on a fresh top end. Paid $800 for it. It sure beats the $900 for a new crank from polaris... ugh never ever ever run un-mixed gas by accident...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
prolly ran really good for a minute or two lol brraaaaap braaappppppp bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

·
Registered
887 Posts
haha it did, when i realized it I mixed it up right away so maybe 1/2 gallon or so ran through it unmixed but then i went riding with mixed gas in it and she still took a shit. Ran great till it did though, go figure. just an overall shitty deal...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i've got an 07 440 motor. ran occassionally on rock maple circuit. also have carbs and cdi box and team secondary for that sled although i know you said you don't need all that. pm me for prices.

·
Registered
887 Posts
ouchh...

You couldn't tell after you poured in the sled and the fuel was clear in the tank?[/b]
Well the 110 gas I run is dyed blue, and its tough to tell if its pre-mixed or not. At the races after ther were over I was letting a cat friend try out the IQ on the track and I couldnt get him off it. haha by the time he came back in it was running on fumes... and we had another jug of 110 that was unmixed, big mistake mix it up before it goes in the trailer... well on the way home we dropped the trailer off with a friend who does aluminum welding to fix up where the snow flap mounts and box it in nice, well him not knowing it was unmixed put 2 gallons of that gas in the tank to get it in the shop and stuff. well we brought it home and I rode it some before noticing the fuel missing from the unmixed can and how that must be what was in the tank, so then i shit my pants. haha then i mixed up the rest of the can and mixed what was still in my tank and rode it and it seemed fine... so i rode it with mixed gas thinking i got lucky and everything was ok... well not quite, after maybe an hour of riding... you know the rest. so overall a shitty deal. and remember to mix up your gas people!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts