Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run these on a procross 800? What base weight did you start with? Are you running the regular version or the x version?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
Excellent weights, regular version, but I kept myself up at night thinking about moving the washers around trying to make a good setup better, anytime that I’ve ever ran them

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent weights, regular version, but I kept myself up at night thinking about moving the washers around trying to make a good setup better, anytime that I’ve ever ran them
Did you like these or the heavy hitters better? This is for a trail setup.

Only concern i have is the heavy hitters will be a 65g base and i will need to run around 73-75g. I dont know if they will have enough heel weight.

I have 73g base currently and its too much. I may shim my spider outward to attempt to remedy this. I hit about 7500 off the line and it wont climb. But at the time i has 1g in heel, 1.4 in mid and 1 in tip.

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
1g, 1g, 1g….,hardly worth having and adjustable weight. I run lighter base weights, so you can pile the hardware to them. I actually haven’t used heavy hitters on a procross since ‘14 or so, not that there is anything wrong with them. I think I accidentally notched the set I had….so they lost the trailability factor. STM is more versatile. I think mine are 58g base?

·
Registered
20,786 Posts
1g, 1g, 1g….,hardly worth having and adjustable weight. I run lighter base weights, so you can pile the hardware to them. I actually haven’t used heavy hitters on a procross since ‘14 or so, not that there is anything wrong with them. I think I accidentally notched the set I had….so they lost the trailability factor. STM is more versatile. I think mine are 58g base?
I have the 58 base heavy hitters as well. Don’t have a sled they will fit anymore but I have them lol

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
They are easy, and will fit the bill for 90% of applications, but if your really trying to target specific areas of your shift pattern/torque/rpm, then the more precise placement of mass in the STM/HH/Magnaforce style weights is just better.
I have Dalton’s. With the super slug heavy tungsten inserts (same idea as the tungsten heavy washers for the STM/HH arms) but the Dalton’s inserts weigh a lot less and they overlap a lot of area in the shift curve. I’ve also gotten mad at them, and filled the threaded hole in the Dalton’s and in the slugs, full of molten lead trying to make them heavier

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran dalton 73g base last year. For what i was trying to do they did not have enough immediate heel weight. Sled would over rev down low and if you own a ctec you know they sound like a cheap sewing machine on the low end when they rev and dont do anthing. They worked fine in the mid and tip. Just not enough mass down low when running full progressive helix.

This is with stock shimming and stock belt. 2018 zr 800

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Caused a lot of belt slip too. I swapped to a different weight with more mass in the heel and problem solved. I also ran a clutched shimmed a little more out and it helped a lot.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know the difference between these and the x series? I assume shift characteristics but am not sure.

I emailed stm they didnt respond yet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts