Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's some of you guys opinion on the stm secondary clutch? Work better than the team? And what setups are being used?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking of going that route. For long toned runs. Looking at the team clutch looks like it no where's near efficient as the stm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had STM on my secondary and a STM movable sheave on my primary (1100 turbo) and my bushing went out on my secondary after it had been gone thru and I did send it to STM and they said that was no good and for 750.00 i could buy another one.
I now have a 2017 turbo and before I bought it I questioned a lot of people and did speak to 2 people from STM and was told that they do not recommend running there clutches any higher than 8500 (new 3 cyl. engines like to run 88 to 9000)so I bought the Pro4 primary and secondary and have been very pleased with them and now have 2000 miles on them with no problems and my belt temps went from 160 to 190 with factory clutches to 125 to 140 with the pro4s. I do have a TD max 17 tune that I have ran ran since day 1.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had STM on my secondary and a STM movable sheave on my primary (1100 turbo) and my bushing went out on my secondary after it had been gone thru and I did send it to STM and they said that was no good and for 750.00 i could buy another one.
I now have a 2017 turbo and before I bought it I questioned a lot of people and did speak to 2 people from STM and was told that they do not recommend running there clutches any higher than 8500 (new 3 cyl. engines like to run 88 to 9000)so I bought the Pro4 primary and secondary and have been very pleased with them and now have 2000 miles on them with no problems and my belt temps went from 160 to 190 with factory clutches to 125 to 140 with the pro4s. I do have a TD max 17 tune that I have ran ran since day 1.
Hope this helps
thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Hope this helps
DID a you have a STM conversion on ac secondary or a STM secondary ,What helix you running? I’ll be getting a pro 4 primary next winter. What weights are you running? I have the stm secondary for about 1500 miles so far so good, what was wearing center bushing? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
My conversation was with STM and there clutches on the new 998 turbos. They told me they were not built to run over 8500 rpm. I bought the 4 tower pro4 Incase I want to go to a higher HP tune some day. I believe my weights are 80 grams ( not 100% sure on that )
Yes my center bushing on my STM secondary went out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m not sure on dealers in Canada but google Pro4 and call mark and he’s a great guy and I’m sure he’ll lead you in the right set up for your application and ship it also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you look way back on HCS there has been a ton of threads on the STM primary’s for the 998s and most not favorable.
I personally dIdnt feel any support from STM and thought they would at least throw me a bone.
On the other hand I had a issue with my primary from Pro4 we’re it wouldn’t release all the way and mark (the owner) gave me his Fedex shipping # and had me ship it to him and he turned it around that very same day. That in my option that is customer service.
I also hear good things about Tapp but don’t have any experience with them. I did like the fact that pro4 is state side and parts would quicker to arrive if I ever needed any.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Engine rpm shouldn't matter. The primary would be turning at approximately 9000 rpm. The secondary clutch shouldn't be affected by the higher rpms the engine turns. Or am i thinking about this wrong? Ive run traditional cat clutches at 9200 for years on a modded 440 sno pro for years and never had any clutch failures. Although i realize the power difference between that and a 4 stroke turbo are huge. I wonder if its the torque thats the problem instead of the rpm?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Post 5 says secondary bushing came out. He says the primary had the updated movable sheeve. But the bushing came out on the secondary. That should have nothing to do with engine rpm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Correct the rpm issue only comes in on the 3 cylinder 998 primary and not the secondary’s.
I had no problems with my cat clutch with the movable sheve on the 2 cylinder Suzuki engine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What's some of you guys opinion on the stm secondary clutch? Work better than the team? And what setups are being used?
4,000 miles on mine. Set up for trail riding by Priceless Performance. 42 degrees straight helix with green spring on mine feels amazing. I’m 250lbs running Powertrail CAI and Sandale Hyperflow with 21/41 gears.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
4,000 miles on mine. Set up for trail riding by Priceless Performance. 42 degrees straight helix with green spring on mine feels amazing. I’m 250lbs running Powertrail CAI and Sandale Hyperflow with 21/41 gears.
Hey what’s your top end wot with 42 helix? Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey what’s your top end wot with 42 helix? Thanks

I have a 1.5” track so she’s no speed daemon. Best I’ve ever seen was 115 on the Speedo but I’ve never really held it forever. My go pro gps top speed is usually around 110. Gets there in a hurry. I,be never run on pure ice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts