Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years i've heard that STM was right there at the top in there clutches but recently i've been hearing alot of chatter about Pro 4 clutches. Has anyone got some info. I'm looking to upgrade and would like some feedback if there is any. Thanks

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Last info I heard was pro 4 secondary is hard to get. Don't know if they got things straightened out.
Tommcat Performance use to deal them but had hard time getting them so went with STM secondary and they are reliable for customer service. TAPP seems most used primary here and sounds like way to go there. STM I believe had some issues with 998s initially but they have done some revisions to address what was going on. Their primary for the F1100s has been good if that's the sled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a an 110p turbo with TD 4 stage tune this past winter I upgraded the chain and gears with Scott Taylor's. I plan on doing a little bit each year. I was planning on doing the secondary next and heard about Pro 4 and wondered if there equipment was comparable to STM

·
Premium Member
23 vr1 boost
3,188 Posts
I had good luck with stms on 1100s.
I would guess the pro 4 and STM secondary are pretty close to each other
Tapp is also good primary and I don’t know much about their secondary coming?
You don’t have multiple weights to piss around with with tapp primary

·
Premium Member
23 vr1 boost
3,188 Posts
I plan on tuning it up👍
if It doesn’t do 110 in 500 ft (wishful thinking)it gets ghost driven into trees!! 🤣
We will see. Have some help from the 2 stroke turbo king.
Jmurf
I always had good luck with stock secondary also on 1100.
primary seemed to be a help though👍🏻

·
Premium Member
23 vr1 boost
3,188 Posts
Well I guess at least they are coming out with new stuff.
I’ve heard 998s are fast also. Stock none the less. 🙄 They are tuned I agree. You will be able to tune the boost also. I guess I would rather blow a piston than lose a foot from the high quality cat clutches also! What to do??!?
The other joe has one coming. If they’re going to go he’s pretty good with 2 stroke or 4 stroke turbos. His turbo firecat ran ok.
Anyways I still have a 998 also. It sits in the trailer. Sat in it all year and is still in it. If the boost blows up maybe it comes out if the battery isn’t dead! 😆
To the op
If you go with STM primary over a tapp, get a four arm👍🏻

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I would have much more faith if they had a solid starting platform and a good track record with their motors, but what do I know...I ride the oldest outdated dinosaur chassis ever made. I'm surprised I'm even able to make it down the trail. It's so bad

·
Premium Member
23 vr1 boost
3,188 Posts
I get your sarcasm
Also the sarcasm of the 850 being a bad motor. It’s not but it’s also not a Suzuki.
I never said the procross was bad so I don’t know where that came from? Had a lot of them and still have some of them. I would trail ride my xcr over them though after I got it set up how I liked It. Seating position is better imo but that’s just me.
I have been on cats since 93. Was on Polaris before and now we are back on them. If that hurts anyones feelings sorry I guess.
If cat comes with something new and it’s a turbo two stroke I’ll buy it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I checked into the Tapp clutches and for the 2 grand they are priced at I can't see that much of a benefit unless I was turned up to max on my set up. Even then I would have to think long and hard for that price on a primary.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts