Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stingers are cool. I don't care what others think

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
I am a life long snowmobiler and absolutely love the sport. I am also a land owner that gives permission for club trails to go over my land and I also have other trails that go within 1/8 mile of my house. Loud pipes at 1am on open trails have no place in this sport in my opinion. If you use them to run lakes during the day, that's another story. My neighbors say "they hate those snowmobiles"...they mean they hate the couple of boneheads that wake them up running loud pipes in the middle of the night. We all get bad names from it...Marc

·
Registered
485 Posts
:eek: Even trail riding with someone with a loud can is annoying .I love a good sounding pipe as much as anyone and it's great to listen to........for a while. Imagine living beside a busy trail near a watering hole and listening to all that racket going by at 3a.m. ? In Ontario snowmobiles are supposed to be not changed AT ALL from the way they were manufactured, and personally I don't care how a guy mods up a sled, that's great. But if that trail cop points out someone with a loud exhaust and wants to make an issue of it I'll remind him of that law and point out that his government issued sled with studded track is illegal. Yes it's true! I'm off subject here and if you are piped a little common sense will go a long way !

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
the trail use to go right by my house, i could watch the skidoos from my bedroom window. (thats what made me buy a sled watching every one else have fun.) I dont like the loud sleds at night either. 2 years ago it was so bad during the day you could smell the two-stroke all day long. I needed a o2 mask

·
Registered
403 Posts
I really don'y like a sled too loud, and I know it's not good for the sport, but I ride in the middle of nowhere and if smoene wants to waste there money on some loud pipes? go a head!!!! but If your going to complain about sleds being to load you better first look at those RICE BURNERS & HOGS that drive up and down my residential neighborhood. Come on at least sled are out in the middle of the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Dave@Dec 22 2002, 05:15 PM
Come on at least sled are out in the middle of the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:
not in this neck of the woods. The trails are as close to houses as roads are to houses in many spots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts