Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beerchug: Good morning gentlmen! I'm still trying to lean out my wifes 580 efi.
I heard there was a plug that you either plug in or unplug if your using ethanol. If this is set for ethanol than the sled is going to run rich. It was told to me that all efi's have this plug. Also saw a unit from "thunder products inc." called the "injector perfector" for leaning out artic cat efi's. Anybody heard or tried this product. At over $3.00 a gallon I'll try anything. Thanks

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Why are you trying to lean this motor out? Is it fouling plugs and running poorly? If you only want to save some gas, then I would point out that you can buy lots of gas for the price of new pistons and maybe even a replacement cylinder or two. If your plug colur and piston wash are showing a rich condition you may want to look into the pressure in the fuel rail. MAny EFI sleds had excess pressure and that was causing the sleds to run rich. You can get adjustable fuel pressure regulators, or those new inline resrtictor devices, but only use them if the motor tells you it is too rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts