Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are back ordered, did anyone get them done yet? And if so how are they?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Who has your shocks and what type of set-up are you having them do the shocks?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are talking about the heavy suspention kit for riders over 225lbs, mine is on back order also. Called dealer today and said that Arctic Cat will be getting them on Jan. 9. This date has been changed 3 times. Season will be over by the time i get it :angry:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Snowbilnd, I did install Black Magic Spring Adjust Block Kit.
It has 30% more preload on the back springs then the plastic stock blocks have. The item number 9228-10 for black
-20 for clear, and-30 for purple. These blocks are metal and not plastic so u wont strip the nut. I've always have had problems with my ZR s sagging, the F7 sno pro rear suspention and the blocks worked great and I weigh
255. I am still installing the heavy duty springs and shock kit. (when it comes in)
P.S. The number for Black Magic 1800 345 9543
Make sure the shaft that these blocks are on are welded good because ive heard some F7s need to be welded better

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I can't help but think that you guys must have your sleds setup wrong or something. I weigh about 275lbs without gear, and have yet to bottom my Sno Pro with the springs on the softest (1) setting. I feel that I ride fairly hard and alot of the times on ungroomed trails. My brother who is only slightly lighter than I, has had the same experience with his sled. I'm concerned that you may be setting your sleds up too stiff for optimum ride and bump absorbtion.

Better yet, have you even ridden your sleds yet???

It just doesn't make sense to me, the sleds should all be calibrated the same.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs. This sled is setup for 225lbs or less. I too have yet to bottom out but when you add my leather suit and saddle bags this will definately bottom. I too am gettin a little pissed with Cat for their lack of responsibility towards their customers. Everything for this sled is back ordered and you'd think they just got into the business this year. :angry:

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by sledhead88@Jan 3 2003, 10:37 AM
This sled is setup for 225lbs or less. I too have yet to bottom out but when you add my leather suit and saddle bags this will definately bottom.
I think that the 225 is conservative. Also, what setting are you running at???

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have standard F-7 and I put the heavy snopro spring on it ,it is a little stiffer than the stock spring on high and this one on low.the heavy spring for the standard is the stock spring for the snopro ,so if you really want a stiff standard f-7 order theavy sno pro spring,it still rides great with the heavy spring and only bottoms out on the most severe woop and lightly,Im also putting the sno pro rear shock in it ,two springs cost me $50.00 and to upgrade to the snopro shock cost $70.00 swapping mine back to him the sno pro is supposed to be valved stiffer, the old shock still works well with the heavy springs

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They call this a sno pro? NOT!! I have ordered and owned Limited Edition Cats and every one had a stiffer and better suspension then this! NO CLICKERS? All my others had them. That was the first thing I noticed when I picked up the sled No friggin Clickers?
Some guys ride, Few guys RIDE!!!! I'm talkin about trying 80ft tabletop 60Ft Doubles and hitting 4 ft bumps WOT! That's how I rode it first and why the shocks are Way too soft. Not to sound Pissed but I do My real hard riding on a track. That's where I can go crazy and nobody cares. I'm a 5'7" 155lb maniac on a sled. :eek:
I find the sled is nice for ditch banging and trail riding. I just hate slowing down because it will bottom out at 60mph on a little jump.
But I Really do like the sled just can't ride it for two more weeks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by redF5sp@Jan 3 2003, 07:29 AM
Who has your shocks and what type of set-up are you having them do the shocks?
Don's Speed Parts, revalving (Slower) , springs (stronger), lookin at clicker resevoirs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Tates@Jan 3 2003, 08:29 AM
Snowbilnd,   I did install Black Magic Spring Adjust Block Kit.
It has 30% more preload on the back springs then the plastic stock blocks have. The item number 9228-10 for black
-20 for clear, and-30 for purple. These blocks are metal and not plastic so u wont strip the nut. I've always have had problems with my ZR s sagging, the F7 sno pro rear suspention and the blocks worked great and I  weigh
255. I am still installing the heavy duty springs and shock kit. (when it comes in)
P.S. The number for Black Magic 1800 345 9543
      Make sure the shaft that these blocks are on are welded good because ive heard some F7s need to be welded better
I have the sno pro shocks on it, as well as the D&D adjusters I tried all settings with vidio tape and it was bottoming out on every thing, remember all the ads did they not say snopro suspension? I was thinkin Crosslink with clickers you?

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Jan 3 2003, 07:43 PM
They call this a sno pro? NOT!! I have ordered and owned Limited Edition Cats and every one had a stiffer and better suspension then this! NO CLICKERS? All my others had them. That was the first thing I noticed when I picked up the sled No friggin Clickers?
Some guys ride, Few guys RIDE!!!! I'm talkin about trying 80ft tabletop 60Ft Doubles and hitting 4 ft bumps WOT! That's how I rode it first and why the shocks are Way too soft. Not to sound Pissed but I do My real hard riding on a track. That's where I can go crazy and nobody cares. I'm a 5'7" 155lb maniac on a sled. :eek:
I find the sled is nice for ditch banging and trail riding. I just hate slowing down because it will bottom out at 60mph on a little jump.
But I Really do like the sled just can't ride it for two more weeks.
WOW.......sound's like( snow blind) should be racing with tucker and blair,
80-ft table tops and 60-ft double's......W.O.T.
think about it..at 100 mile's per hour :wacko:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All right not to start a flame war but but seriously these sleds are really under sprung and valved fpr serious jumping. I won't brag about hitting 80 foot doubles but take a look at these three pics. These were last year on my Summit and a friend's MXZX. You do this on your F7 and it will be crunch city!BTW my Summit got bent in two from running the Eldora Hillcross. Stock sleds are just not built to take a serious pounding. Hop on a race sled at any WSA race and tell me if if feels anything like your stock Sno-Pro?

dbook
duke
dbook

I just blew out the rear shock on my skid and the front left shock last weekend jumping a small 50 foot road gap into the side of a hill. I have a set of Ti springs coming from RCS that are the same springs so I was told on Hilbert's sled and also am having DeyCore re-valve my shocks about 30% more compression and rebound dampening. Also all the parts that make up the 20% stiffer package are available at this time individually if you know the part numbers. Bottom line if you are happy with the stock suspension great. If not then take the appropriate action :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
just buy a friggin sno pro already. these are consumer sleds, most of us ride hard but dont do table tops :wacko:

·
Registered
899 Posts
ok at a slim 300lbs i had D&D racing install the heavier springs being a former owner of a 2000 zr 600 with cross country shocks that i was bottoming out all the time i figured buying the sno pro with heavier shocks would be the answer. well im not even close to bottoming the f7 out in fact its to stiff and darting all over on the trail. so i know im going to loosen it up a bit. if you guys are bottoming these sleds out ahem recheck your scales!! :D just kidding :lol: let me know if any of you find a good handling setup for us big guys B)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey SLIM LMAO! I just weighed myself tonight at a svelte 220lbs lol. Seriously come out to CO and at 300lbs brotha I will have you doin stuff that will make your F76 beg for mercy hahaha

·
Registered
899 Posts
hey duke1n those last pics already cost me a pair of boxers :lol: seriously glad to see someone push the f7 enough to see what it really can do! oh great pics :wacko:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Tates@Jan 3 2003, 09:06 PM
just buy a friggin sno pro already. these are consumer sleds, most of us ride hard but dont do table tops :wacko:
Yes, I do race on the odd weekend, The 440 Sno Pro is made just for racing, timing, compression, fuel type required. no waranty $$$$$$$$$$$ So it is not a sled you just go for a ride on. I'm checking out to see if I can put clicker reserviors on the sled as well as the %20 shock and spring kit. By the way I had the chance to race Shawne Demarce, a kid that got a second to 7C in last years Canadian Champs pro series In BC and he kicked my ASS!
As long as I have fun Yeee Haaaa!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had a chance to ride a F5 Sno Pro last weekend & what a difference in suspension compared to my 02 Sno pro.The ride was actully soft feeling like a normal ZR.I would have thought it would have been stiffer.The owner then got on mine & proceeded to get off after only 10 minutes due to the bone jarring ride.You want stiff get the real stuff not something that is labled as.

The only reason .X sleds have such stiff suspension is so they dont bottom out on the huge jumps.In stutter stuff they dont work so well or rough trail conditions.So its a compromise.

I am getting RCS Ti springs for the front & ditching the Cross-Link in the rear for Fox Zero-X shocks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts