Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is your answer as to what the switch does as answered by GLS on 10-5-02 on amsnow:

GLS- Fuel Switch Selector operation?

gls on 10/5/2002 9:15:00 AM

The ethonol switch on the F-7 does not vary the ignition timing. It simply adds 3% more fuel when set on ethanol mode. If you check continuity at the switch, lever up (ethanol setting), circuit is open. Lever down, circuit is closed. With switch positioned properly on dash, black wires (2) on top terminal, grey/white wire on bottom terminal.

Found this info by just going to google on typing in the search window:
arctic cat ethanol vs regular switch (lower case)

Can also just go to:
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/firecat/fir...irecat_info.htm

You may find a better response in the future if you use lower case letters when typing. UPPER CASE is considered yelling

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thank you , I didnt really mean to stir the soup , that is why I ask it in that forum! I see all that got deleted , but thats ok, I did read my manuel and its not in there, these boards are great and full of info, and sometimes kinda funny and joking but that forum isnt for that! All those little digs arent for that forum. All that said i thank you again and we can carry on!
LIFE WITH THE F7 IS GOOD! :p B) :rolleyes: :D :D :wub:

·
Registered
173 Posts
my dealer told me that I should keep the switch on ethenol due to our extreme cold weather, it's been averaging between -40 to -50 with the windchill, that sounds about right doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by eskimosledder@Feb 28 2003, 11:43 AM
my dealer told me that I should keep the switch on ethenol due to our extreme cold weather, it's been averaging between -40 to -50 with the windchill, that sounds about right doesn't it?
I say NOPE!!! That's what in hell the EFI is for, to compensate and adjust for temps among other things!!!! Running in Ethanol is for running ethanol fuel! -- Roy

·
Registered
49 Posts
My dealer told me that arctic cat said to run in the ethanol mode also until the ecu gets updated.It dosent make any sence because the ecu should compesate for temparture changes.I have been running it in ethanol mode like he said and I cant say that its any harder on fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts