Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first trail ride this week nice riding sled but sled was darting bad,has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
544 Posts
yes ive had that problem too and it felt real tippy. The alignment was way off when i got it from the dealer. After fixing this problem it is much better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the toe it is 1/4 in,ialso loosened up the shocks and tighten the the shocks checked alighnment of track still darts bad. i dont want to try diffront skis . i had two diffrent sleds to try one with doulies one with scags on outside ofskies ? they worked gret would like mine to work good anything that would work i woould like

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by catf77@Jan 18 2003, 02:16 AM
i checked the toe it is 1/4 in,ialso loosened up the shocks and tighten the the shocks checked alighnment of track still darts bad. i dont want to try diffront skis . i had two diffrent sleds to try one with doulies one with scags on outside ofskies ? they worked gret would like mine to work good anything that would work i woould like
1/4" IN??? It is supposed to be 1/4" toe OUT
If that's not a typo, you just found your problem. A Firecat would handle like a POS with 1/4" toe-in.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by catf77@Jan 18 2003, 02:16 AM
i checked the toe it is 1/4 in... [clip] ...i had two diffrent sleds to try one with doulies one with scags on outside of skis -- they worked great -- would like mine to work good anything that would work i would like
Cat77, first of all, make darn sure that your ski toe is OUT as Rob stated.

You've tried two different sleds -- one with Doolys and one with the carbides on the outside of the skis? What kind of sleds... Fire Cats? And they both worked great... no more tracking/darting problems??? Any more info or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was a1/4"toe out,the two sleds i tryed 1 was a sks polaris 700cc,the other was amach z both newsleds

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Roy T+Jan 18 2003, 08:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-catf77
@Jan 18 2003, 02:16 AM
i checked the toe it is 1/4 in... [clip] ...i had two diffrent sleds to try one with doulies one with scags on outside of skis -- they worked great -- would like mine to work good anything that would work i would like
Cat77, first of all, make darn sure that your ski toe is OUT as Rob stated.

You've tried two different sleds -- one with Doolys and one with the carbides on the outside of the skis? What kind of sleds... Fire Cats? And they both worked great... no more tracking/darting problems??? Any more info or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Roy[/b]
I put 8" Woody's duely's on my F5 and just got back from the UP and had no darting what so ever they worked great.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My bud has a Polaris 800 X edge with standard dooly's and not a bit of dart at all, so I went out to the dealer and bought myself a pair for the F-cat. We'll see but based on his I'll be more then happy. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts