Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone found a better quality ball joint / rod end 0605-202 than the econo 2 piece A/C puts on their quality sleds. Aurora has some nice ends but not the 3/4 width in the 3/8-24 size. I showed the rack assy to another engineer and he asked if the factory had a quality control dept as tolerances are reminicant of early chrysler!!! Ive spent considerable time on the drag link to steering arm and idler arm assy and come up with a really simple fix to prevent the drag link from flopping around up front. Has any one heard of A/C coming up with a fix ??? B)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
share the fix with the rest of us if you like

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
AC updated the steering linkages/column bushings etc. for the '02 model year. The new parts may be retrofittable to previous models. The front end is much tighter now however the poor quality OEM tie-rod ends do still become sloppy eventually.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cat updated the rack in '02 with better everything. My 02' is still tight after 1200 miles where all my previous cats were bad in 500. I found this list on another site to upgrade an '01 zr and I think they will work back to '98. I want to upgrade my '98 zl5 at some point. I think these prices are canadian......and there is some misc hardware missing.

1 10705-370 Drag link $134.35
1 30705-368 Arm, Steering Assembly $29.75
4 40605-540 Insert $0.69 each
1 50705-366 Steering - Idler $25.25

Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Refer to www.brownsleisureworld.com In their snowmobile parts microfiche tie rod assy part #3 spacer washer appears to be similar to a garden hose washer Replace with a teflon washer made from sheet .100" thick 3/4 ID 1.5" OD to fill the gap between the drag link - steering arm and idler steering arm. Bearing #23 is not designed to hold up (support) the the rack assy which has the .100" clearance top and bottom A/C have also reached into their bolt box which have incorrect length shoulders and the threads dig into the rack causing even more wear not to mention the excessive clearances to start with. Doesn't look good A/C!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts