Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this? i have heard you can move the mount above the steering support bar(that the upper steering post mount bolts too). i am interested in this and want to know if i have to cut my hood at all or the console. it looks to me that i will have to make a notch in the hood? anyone with pics or info?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on, no one? can anyone atleast steer me to some info about it? i seen the tech tip about it on arcticchat.com but it wasnt the same chassis.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You should be able to find a thread in this catagory about that.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I did it this summer. I did not have to cut the hood on my old 94, just removed the rubber plug that was there. You do have to remove the engine to get to the bottom steering post mount.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on my sled you can take the whole post out without removing the engine. i looked on arcticchat and ag's sled is a different chassis than mine.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay well i know HOW to do this. i just want some additional info about what i have to cut. im almost 100% positive i have to cut a notch in the hood. im also pretty sure i gotta cut a notch in the console with the tether on it. i just want pics of how it will look. does anyone know if i will have any concerns with the bottom mount hitting or binding on anything? maybe ill just go out on saturday and just swap it around and see. its an easy job anyways.

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
I am pretty sure you will have to notch your hood too. The older sleds use to have the notch there already for that remote shock adjuster. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Greg B.@Oct 14 2005, 12:19 PM
I am pretty sure you will have to notch your hood too. The older sleds use to have the notch there already for that remote shock adjuster. Good luck with your project.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929527
[/quote]
okay, thanks for comfirming that. how about the console piece that the key/tether goes on? also anyone know if i will have any problem with the bottom mount or anything?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've done it to my 97 ZR 440. Didn't have to cut my hood but it's damn close, even though my sled did have the quick adjust. The one thing you have to make sure of is the steering stops will work right. I had to fab new stops, which I did by drilling holes in the stock support plate thats welded to the support bar and tapping them and using a 1/4" bolt that allowed them to be adjusted.

DO it, it makes a big difference in getting you forward and up. YOu will have plenty of throttle cable for a much higher lift also. In my case I had to cut down my windshield 2" and I'm running a 2.5" riser to boot. Hand guards may become necessary but they are the cats ass and take the wind off your hands better then the windshield ever hoped to.

Once you get the post moved you will see all you have to do and when it's done you'll be happy no matter the amount of work involved.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i did do this yesterday. i will have to notch only like 1/4" out of the hood. then the console with the key and all WILL not even fit back on without major cutting and fabbing. i just said screw it, my sled felt good enough the way it is and now it feels terrible sitting down because the seat is so low. oh and plus my stops were fine. ill get a few pics later.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey jeff, ive been reading about your sled on arcticchat and was wondering if you would post a pic. also here are the pics of my sled with the mod.

[attachment=105541:attachment]
[attachment=105542:attachment]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts