Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before last season I pulled the engine on my sled to replace the ball joint under the engine just off the steering post. Before I changed it I had tons of play in the steering. After it was changed it was much better(still some play from the front rack) but much better.
After a few rides the steering went right back to tons of play again. It seems to be the same problem. Now it is time to pull the engine again. :banghead:
Has anyone had this problem, and are there any "fix it for good" tricks??? :dunno:
Thanks

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yes, someone else has had this problem but I don't recall the solution. I guarantee you if you search the site or look back awhile in the ProX forum you will find a thread.

Throw it to the top when you find it.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
I know what your talking about, but can't you get a crows foot in there on a long extension and tighten up the nut? Or was the ball joint itself bad? There was a topic on this several months ago. The fix was something with the steering post if I remember right.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the same issues with my steering last year. During this summer's tear-down, I inserted plastic strips made out of yogurt container tops. The strips were as wide as the plastic bushings which I placed between the bushings and steering post (#37) on attached.

[attachment=101435:attachment]

I still had some slop on the steering rack. I also cut circular plastic bushings (donuts) which I placed between the steering rack and the steering rack bushings (#11 & #13) on attached. These took out most of the play between the bushing and the rack.

[attachment=101438:attachment]

My steering is now tight, with no handlebar to ski slop. Hope this helps.....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts