Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just got back from a ride up in Greenville, Maine and the trails were just fantastic. This was also the first time I've been able to put some miles on my F6. We saw quite a few sleds, but not one Firecat all day. :huh: I had noticed before I left that the sled seems to push a little in the corners. When I'm going about 15-25 miles per hour on a twisty trail, she's very hard to steer. I find I have to get right up on the handle bars to keep it on the trail and make it turn. I asked a few of the guys I was riding with and they suggested adjusting the limiter strap to get more pressure on the skis. They also suggested longer carbide. The sled is stock except for the 96 studs in the track, but I noticed the steering issue before the studs. Any thought on what I should try first to help eliminate the problem.

Thnaks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Go to the litter box forum, a lot of suggestions there. Biggest thing, in corners, sit forward and than lean in. Handles a little different than the older styles. The limiter strap and the coupler block is the to items to play with. They both put more ski pressure.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Get yourself some 6in shaper bars,and tighten the limiter strap one hole to start with,also make sure the front shocks are not set really tight,you will see a marked improvement just by adjusting these two points.The stock carbides sucked from day one,and I wasn't studded,start there,and make sure you have enough toe-OUT.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Also, make sure you take the preload pressure off of the front shock in the rear suspension. Lift the ass end off the ground and loosen the spring until it rattles, and then tighten it a few turns so you don't loose the retaining rings.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I thought long carbides were over doing it. They stick to the trail too well and make it hard to turn. Also I wouldn't put more ski pressure if it turns hard, I'd put more track pressure, it'll take the pressure off the skis so that its managable again. Also you can pull some sweet ski-lifts B)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Put 8 inch woodys and 144 megabites in. Loosen front arm shock. If you ride it the way it was intended to you will have a blast. Bought my f6 on valentines day and have 700 funfilled miles on so far. This thing is a riot to ride and makes the zr chassis feel like its dated. The thing handles like a slot car in my opinion. You can't ride it like a zr you need to ride it like a firecat. Cliff :p

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got the 9" shaper bars, but haven't put them on yet. I did loosen my front shock and it made a difference. I did notice a little more bottoming of the front skid after that. I haven't taken the blocks out, but put them on #2 setting. Will taking the rear blocks help with the bottoming? I really don't want to change the front shock spring back. I haven't loosened the front springs as I use up all the travel in the bumps and just slightly bottom out the front suspension. Mine is a standard F7 with the sno-pro track not studded.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I took my sway bar off my f7 snopro and i found it turned a lot better on corners! i found there was less ski lift than with it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts